• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Major Issue with my Brand New AEA Challenger!

Waited patiently over the holidays to receive my new AEA Challenger Standard from a well known dealer. It finally arrived and I was very excited to open it up and start having fun with my pretty new toy. Thats when the trouble started!

My eye was immediately drawn to a significant gouge in the stock! As you can imagine I was horrified!

I6s4YCeh.jpg

So I did the right thing and fired up the ol' table saw and belt grinder...

CD1Wc3bh.jpg

Had you guys going didnt I? rofl :ROFLMAO:

Truth is there was a scratch as pictured, probably from installing the optional regulator. But I was expecting a cheap fun toy and planned on fixing up some quirks. The factory stock is actually a lot nicer than I wouldve guessed. I dont recognize the wood, maybe beech or similar. But it did have a few design issues imo. The comb was way too low, which is typical for virtually every stock made in the last 70 years. The comb was also at an angle, not parallel to the bore. The buttpad was also at an unusual angle, not 90* perpendicular to the bore. And lastly I wanted a smooth angle transition to ride bags and be micro adjustable like on my PB's. So I cut everything off, screwed and glued some hardwood scraps on and began shaping. Its obviously still in the rough and is going to turn out crooked and lumpy, but function is paramount to me. I might extend the forend some as well. Im going to end up painting it probably dark geen with some accents for hunting.

Any color combo advice?

Reactions: Glem.Chally
Could we get a quick pic of what that intakes going on 😁
Originally that FRPP/Lightning intake combo was destined for my little Ranchero. its a 1963, original V8/4-Speed car, quite rare. But plans have changed, as they often do. After discovering some minor rust the car is going to get some major surgery this next year. Nothing set in stone so far with the exception of a special T56 6-Speed that will going into it.

9OGi5K1h.jpg