• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Maintaining air guns

I'm getting into air guns and had some great recommendations from some forumers here. Finally narrowed down my choices. 

My question for you expert gunners are which do you prefer as far as spring or gas versions for break barrels?

Which do you find easier to breakdown and maintain? Availability of replacement parts etc.

Im just making sure I don't get into something deep and unforeseen. What good would it be if I couldn't practice proper care?

btw leaning heavy to the hatsan 85 sniper. Tell me otherwise if it's junk please. 

Well I'll wade in but I'm am not an expert by any means , but I've owned quite a few rifles ..Bear in mind this is just MY opinion so don't give it any more credibility than anyone else . I prefer spring rifles over piston guns . They generally seem to be better built and at least from ones I've owned recoil less . I've owned a couple of Hatsan rifles and while they have a strong following I probably won't buy another .
For just about 100$ more you can make a jump in quality that is hard to appreciate unless you've owned several guns .
Look at the specials on Airguns of Arizone site . The HW rifles they have on sale are almost impossible to beat . The 95 the 50 and the 30s , bit the 30 is a very light powered gun .
If you are sold on a piston gun then I will say the best one I've owned ( and I haven't owned but maybe 6-8) was a 177 BullWhisper rifle .
Last time I looked Airgun Depot had Diana 34 refurbished rifles very close to price point of a new Hatsan . And is a much nicer rifle . But honestly any of the guns are a blast to shoot . The Hatsan I will say this about it , its built like a tank .
Put another way , if your looking for a well made precision rifle I might look elsewhere , IF you are looking for a gun that during the pending Zombie Apocalypse that you could use as a club when ammo runs low , You have a winner !!!

Main goal is having a fun shooter. Can't make it out to my property as often to really shoot much now days. Have plenty of space and can make a 50 yard range in the back easily. An all around gun to get started is all I'm looking to get into. If I like it then like my other hobbies I'll end up with top of the line fun stuff. I did pick up two tanks one 3500 and one 4000 for $50 bucks as a just in case I opt for a pcp.