• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Maiden Voyage of JTS pellets...not as great as I had expected

Taking it easy today and thought it would be a good time to give JTS pellets their very first try. I bought a batch of .22 pellets earlier from Pyramyd and the Brocock was calling. My Bantam Sniper is super accurate, even a very small change in groups size from different brands of pellets says volumes in that gun. I chose the domed 18.1 gr JTS pellets, because my favorite pellet in the Brck is 18.13gr JSB, or AA, or FX, whichever I have.
I fired the two groups in the first pic, one three shot above the bullet hole aim point, and one 6 shot group below it. It's ok.
Then to confirm its not me, I shot a full 12 shot clip group in the second pic using the bullet hole above as an aim point, better with lots more pellets and I have short concentration span when doing long groups, but I can tell the difference.
My Brck never throws 3 shots like the top group from a clip.
All groups are at 35 yards off bench.

The JTS feed hard into the Brck and I even found a .25 pellet in the tin, after only shooting maybe 25 rounds or so. My 3d printed Brck clips also didn't like the fit of the JTS, that why in the second group of the first pic, I used a single shot tray. So JTS with a single shot try isn't as good as JSB with a clip in my Brck.

It's humid today and my Royales are in the safe in the basement, so I'll have to put them in a case and acclimate them, but my next try will be one of them. Maybe the smooth twist barrel will like the JTS pellets better. They are both quite accurate with amost any pellet, but love 18gr. We'll see.

IMG_9195.JPG

IMG_9196.JPG

My Redwolf loves them on mid power!!! That's the 18.1 and on high power with the 25.3. One thing I have noticed about the JTS pellets is they like to go fast!!! Shooting my Redwolf on mid power shoots them at 915-920 fps but they are all one hole at 50 yards. The same goes for the 21gr and 22 gr on high power. Now on my Brocock Ghost the 25.3gr shoot very good almost equal to the JSB RD.

Reactions: Dairyboy
Taking it easy today and thought it would be a good time to give JTS pellets their very first try. I bought a batch of .22 pellets earlier from Pyramyd and the Brocock was calling. My Bantam Sniper is super accurate, even a very small change in groups size from different brands of pellets says volumes in that gun. I chose the domed 18.1 gr JTS pellets, because my favorite pellet in the Brck is 18.13gr JSB, or AA, or FX, whichever I have.
I fired the two groups in the first pic, one three shot above the bullet hole aim point, and one 6 shot group below it. It's ok.
Then to confirm its not me, I shot a full 12 shot clip group in the second pic using the bullet hole above as an aim point, better with lots more pellets and I have short concentration span when doing long groups, but I can tell the difference.
My Brck never throws 3 shots like the top group from a clip.
All groups are at 35 yards off bench.

The JTS feed hard into the Brck and I even found a .25 pellet in the tin, after only shooting maybe 25 rounds or so. My 3d printed Brck clips also didn't like the fit of the JTS, that why in the second group of the first pic, I used a single shot tray. So JTS with a single shot try isn't as good as JSB with a clip in my Brck.

It's humid today and my Royales are in the safe in the basement, so I'll have to put them in a case and acclimate them, but my next try will be one of them. Maybe the smooth twist barrel will like the JTS pellets better. They are both quite accurate with amost any pellet, but love 18gr. We'll see.

View attachment 465708

View attachment 465710
Just out of curiosity what barrel do the brocock use.