• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

MAGNUM Pistol Field Target LIVES!

While we can shoot the >20 fpe pistols in a conventional FT match ( have done so ) The "Magnum" class I don't see as practical or popular but for a very select few. :rolleyes:

Starting to look like it will be only a very select few for only a very short while, Scott. Already others buying in.

That said, I prefer to consider us "Special"🤪, rather than very select.😉

I’m just learning here… in these competitions is it a challenge to deliver the energy needed to activate/tip? a target, or is it mostly about accuracy?

it seems like if you limit both .25 snd .22 to 40 foot pounds the 22 caliber has the ballistic advantage because of the fact that it can shoot lighter pellets with a flatter trajectory. obviously, I’m not questioning the choice, just wanting to understand the event a little better.

Again, these may be really basic questions, but have got to start somewhere…

Here’s another one while I’m at it. This is the one I actually came here to ask. Are these events some thing a person could meaningfully participate in if they had no prior experience with shooting competitions?

Thanks for your ???, Mr. P. Answers, in order-

The targets will fall to good hits from considerably less power than Magnum pistols deliver. It's about accuracy and FUN.

Flat trajectory is no advantage. Since distances to every target are known, there is no range-finding required in Extreme or Magnum FT (like there is in AAFTA field target).

Pistol field target competitions are NOT a good choice for anyone's first exposure to shooting competitions, because pistol shooting is such a demanding proposition/challenge/skill-set to develop. Truth is, even many well-experienced rifle field target competitors' first exposure to pistol field target leaves them running away, crying like a little girl.😭

Being Texan🤠, of course I exaggerate.😉 But in this case, not much. :ROFLMAO:

And being Neanderthal🧌, I sometimes lack sensitivity. In fact, I failed Sensitivity 101.

But I aced my FUN exam!

perhaps in the future assuming we see more options at different price points. I noticed bintac had a very short hp max type gun for sale now as well. Would a talon P count as a pistol?

I don't know. But you can figure it out with the attached Extreme Pistol Field Target rules, most of which apply to Magnum PFT.

View attachment 2023 TFT Pistol Rules pdf.pdf

Thankfully I know this self proclaimed, and I quote: “I'm some kinda ass-backward throwback knuckle-draggin Neanderthal hillbilly redneck from hell or something.😂

Ron is a crazy enough, super fanatical pistola connoisseur (yes, he can handle all pistols of air-powered to fire-powered and or pifles, if you like, with dadgum great results) that he’s had the foresight to know Pistol FT, Pistol EFT and now Magnum Pistol EFT would be a hit. Y’all already know this cause the guy finds every opportunity to brag about it himself 😆

I know Pistol FT & Pistol EFT is really fun and very very challenging. We’re fortunate to have such a lunatic 🤣 here in the Lone Star State. Let’s get it on Magnum style baby!!

Last edited:
Thanks for your ???, Mr. P. Answers, in order-

The targets will fall to good hits from considerably less power than Magnum pistols deliver. It's about accuracy and FUN.

Flat trajectory is no advantage. Since distances to every target are known, there is no range-finding required in Extreme or Magnum FT (like there is in AAFTA field target).

Pistol field target competitions are NOT a good choice for anyone's first exposure to shooting competitions, because pistol shooting is such a demanding proposition/challenge/skill-set to develop. Truth is, even many well-experienced rifle field target competitors' first exposure to pistol field target leaves them running away, crying like a little girl.😭

Being Texan🤠, of course I exaggerate.😉 But in this case, not much. :ROFLMAO:

And being Neanderthal🧌, I sometimes lack sensitivity. In fact, I failed Sensitivity 101.

But I aced my FUN exam!

Being a "crying little girl" myself, I'm going to lean on my friend Matthew Quigley who famously said concerning pistols:
"Said I never had much use for one. Never said I didn't know how to use it."

Quigley.png

Being a "crying little girl" myself, I'm going to lean on my friend Matthew Quigley who famously said concerning pistols:
"Said I never had much use for one. Never said I didn't know how to use it."

View attachment 429101

Where'd you find that old photo of me, Podna? I wasn't a bad-looking young man.

Reactions: Podna