• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Magnetospeed V3 Review

I bought a new Magnetospeed V3 a couple weeks ago on eBay and have been shooting an Airforce condor and FX Boss through it. It works great on both and when my FX Impact arrives today I'll be trying that out as well. 
Unboxing: Everything comes in a nice carrying case with a foam insert with slots for all the parts to keep everything organized. It includes a mini SD card for transferring data to computer. 
Setup: After figuring out which spacers to use with each gun setup is very simple. Put the spacers on the unit and strap it to the barrel or moderator. Check the distance between bore and unit with included stick. Plug it in and it's ready to go. Under 2min setup. 
Use: The display unit is very intuitive. Simple to use and figured out general usage without the instructions. The unit displays the last 3 shots in the string, min velocity, max velocity, avg velocity, and Standard deviation. Not sure how big of the string you can shoot but I've done in the forties so far. Every shot registered as well and no misreads. 
Overall: I'm so glad I purchased the V3 vs a cheaper light based Chrony. It's extremely user friendly and a simple straight forward design. I've ordered the XFR unit and will comment on it after it arrives. Also a big plus for me is I can use it anywhere. I shoot from a second story window into my backyard and the other chronys can't do that.