Magazine issue

woose

Feb 19, 2024
Hi folks. I got a magazine for my gauntlet and it doesn't really fit in the breach. I can get it to go in but then the spring won't cycle because it is too tight. I emailed umarex for advice but got a stock response to send it in for warranty. I'm not interested in shipping a $13 magazine. Any advice? I tried putting it back together many times and got the same result. I was thinking about taking the clear plastic piece to my belt sander. I'll post a pic here.

PXL_20240417_211914120.jpg

Hi, Wooze. As you have noted, these are pretty simple devices. Yours doesn't seem to sit with the clear cover tight against the black as I would expect. Since you don't care to ship for a $13 mag, what do you have to loose taking it apart again and modifying a bit to get it to go together as expected? Also, it might be a good idea to check your spring tension and how it is installed against another mag if you have one available to disassemble/reassemble. FWIW, the Gauntlet mags are the same as the Benjamin Marauder and Air Venturi Avenger mags, and there are aftermarket mags available from CARM, Maple and others that some prefer to the OEM mags. I got a couple of CARM mags and they work great, but don't have the round count feature. Good luck getting it sorted!

Lots of plastic pieces make it out of the manufacturer with flashing on it (overflow from the mold). I'm guessing there is just a bit on one of the pieces thats not allowing it to assemble quite as tight as it should. Pull it apart and check for where it looks like its hanging up and either shave/sandpaper it so its like it should be.

Then again, its only a $13 piece. Its likely not going to last a lifetime anyway, so buy a few extra. Cant ever have too many mags.

Reactions: Blankshot17