Made a aluminum 34 shot .22 M3 mag

Just got the first batch back from anodizing an oh boy :)

IMG_6505.jpg
IMG_6506.jpg
IMG_6507.jpg
IMG_6513.jpg

Finally, .22 mag is production ready. I added one final design tweak, replacing the ring and flange bolt design with a single plain steel wide flange DIN 921 extra wide flange bolt. These are a lot more consistent dimension-wise than the aforementioned rings, so even tighter tolerances could be achieved. Also, it just looks better.

That's it then. 11 Months and 50-ish iterations but I finally have something I'm confident in. The .30 cal version is also almost done, after that's finished it's on to .25 and .177, maybe 9mm afterwards but that's going to require a more comprehensive design change.
IMG_7515.jpg

IMG_7517.jpg
IMG_7519.jpg

IMG_7520.jpg

I've been using one of his magazines for about half a year now and so far very pleased with it!

Brought it to RMAC with this setup in the Precision Marksman Competition:

EAB88168-4A2E-4445-BED0-69B18ED68C18.jpeg

And used Airbuks his .30cal version of the magazines in the finals of the 100 yard benchrest at RMAC.

IMG_8422.jpeg

Happened to be the very first buyer of one of his magazines, always nice to support this type of projects 😁

Put a block of metal in the freezer then use it to lay the cover on to keep it cold while you hit it with the torch. I wouldn't try to get it perfectly clear.
Could try that, yes.
I've been using one of his magazines for about half a year now and so far very pleased with it!

Brought it to RMAC with this setup in the Precision Marksman Competition:

View attachment 416742

And used Airbuks his .30cal version of the magazines in the finals of the 100 yard benchrest at RMAC.

View attachment 416741

Happened to be the very first buyer of one of his magazines, always nice to support this type of projects 😁
Thanks Tom! It was so cool seeing you and Mathias bring them out to RMAC, and very good to hear you're still happy with 'em.