• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Maddog benchrest stock on a Condor SS?

Just wondering how well that setup would perform? With the Corona virus stuff going on I have spent a lot of time in the back yard shooting off a wobbly bench at targets 35 yds. away. I just bought the Condor the first of January and spent the next 2 months waiting for winter to subside so I could get out to hunt and get real comfortable with the gun. And then............. The disease took over the world. But I have survived and now I want to see if I can make my "twitchy" Condor into a little better performer on the bench. Is the Maddog benchrest stock worth the $350 to$400? The stock I have on it now is great for field work but really light on the bench.
1595114035_4529905085f138233224bc3.29252102.jpg

I am not really looking to compete but just want to see just how much this little thing can do- and maybe me too! Trying to shoot good groups with it has really helped me to learn and apply a lot of knowledge about trigger pull and body control and the mental discipline of benchrest shooting. It is, maybe, just a little addicting! So, what do you all think? Should I invest in the stick or not?

Bruce

Bruce54, been a while. We were on the yellow and talked about as s200. I have a condor ss .25 and they are very accurate hunting guns. Power is their thing. Don't go down that rabbit hole. At the end of the day you will have a better/solid frame but still a condor. Please understand I love mine but a bench rest gun it ain't. That's my opinion. Stay well my friend .

I agree with Shambozzie. My first pcp was a Condor SS in .25. I tricked it out with a MadDog stock. Carbon fiber bottle, heavier hammer and spring and the adjustable top hat . I also got the trigger spring kit. All these things made a big difference in the performance of the Condor and is my heavy hitter With.48 grain slugs if I ever want to go hunting Larger game at longer distances but it isn’t a bench gun especially with the heavy spring and hammer. But it is plenty accurate enough for hunting. If your like me and everyone else for that matter, you will be wanting a gun with a magazine and that is regulated. Back when I got the Condor there wasn’t the selection of guns we have today especially in the under $1000 price range. My Condor with all the accessories adds up to around $1500 and that is in the price range of some pretty nice regulated ,tunable guns that have enough power to shoot slugs and be competitive on the bench too. Manufacturers are developing improvements and new models too so I would just enjoy your Condor as is for a while and really think what your wanting in an airgun and how you will use it. The Condor is old school but still a lot of fun and a very practical hunting gun and still the most powerful gun for the money. 
PS. The maddog stock was the single best thing I changed . It truly changes the whole feel and character of the rifle and makes the platform stiffer.
1595207672_16501657465f14eff85af0f5.77940599.jpeg