USFT MAC1 for Bench rest

I have a <20 USFT Mac1 bottle version i am intending to use for Benchrest. Apparently it likes the JSB 13.43 redesigns... my only gun that likes these... go figure.
Sightron SIII PLR on top works ok. Burris XTR Signature rings. sorry about the moderator but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
Rowan Hamster/knee riser with a Steve Corocan furniture piece below.
IMG_7370.jpeg

IMG_7337.jpeg

I have a <20 USFT Mac1 bottle version i am intending to use for Benchrest. Apparently it likes the JSB 13.43 redesigns... my only gun that likes these... go figure.
Sightron SIII PLR on top works ok. Burris XTR Signature rings. sorry about the moderator but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
Rowan Hamster/knee riser with a Steve Corocan furniture piece below.
View attachment 446545
View attachment 446546
I want to put a moderator on my USFT , what adaptor did you use ? (and where did you get it ?)

Nope these rifles are horrible shooters!!! You need to send it to me and I will send you my anschutz. Seems like a fair trade to me! The anschutz is by far a more well known better shooter anyway. Lol

These are lovely rifles and have always wanted to get one. Though have never been in a spot to get one when they pop up for sale.
@woogie_man - seriously i have this USFT'S little brother listed for sale in the classifieds right now... <12 ft lb regulated tube version but easily converts to < 20 with the know how.

Reactions: woogie_man
I want to put a moderator on my USFT , what adaptor did you use ? (and where did you get it ?)
I prefer the Rowan Engineering. You need to take a micrometer to your barrel's tip to determine size... normally 16 mm or 16.1 mm or 16.2 mm but ya never know so measure twice and buy once. The reason i prefer the Rowan is because they use 4 grubs vice 2 grubs which gives a more centered fit. They also have a flat surface on one side which is sometimes necessary between the barrel and air tube for fitment. Results may vary but thusly my results have been without issues.

I took my new (to me) MAC1 Hunter for a benchrest shoot this past weekend. I wish I had taken 20 minutes to mount a better scope but such is life. It's a 22 and even being unable to zero the scope and the wind it shot very well. It's a tube gun and a 22 so it goes through air pretty quickly. 50-60 shots before it falls off. This is the one aspect where my bottle USFT is superior.

What a trigger though

Reactions: cavedweller
@woogie_man - seriously i have this USFT'S little brother listed for sale in the classifieds right now... <12 ft lb regulated tube version but easily converts to < 20 with the know how.
I did see that, though would have to sell one of the rifles to get her! Would have to let go of the anschutz 8002 to justify another buy. Already have Martin building me another Rapid....so my fun money is tight. Lol

So if you know anyone that want a 20ftlb Anschutz 8002 let me know! 😆

Reactions: cavedweller