Mac Compatible video software

I finally couldn't stand it anymore, meaning trying to edit videos from my iPad and so I went to Costco and got a new Macbook Air M2. The thing is slick and is supposed to be pretty good darn good for video editing from the reviews, at least I know it will meet my needs.

I know there is Apple, etc, on the iPad I was using Lumafusion, but it isn't compatible with Macs. If you have any suggestions, I would be appreciate it.

Ps. I got the black MacBook Air, this thing fits the rest of my toys. itwill be used for business stuff too, and it is a heck of lot better than typing than typing on a keyboard of for an iPad Pro that is missing 3 keys.

Thanks for the suggestions ahead of time.

Started running up against a wall video editing with a small HP Workstation (dedicated to this task) late last year.

Read all about the newish machines with Apple silicon, and how effective they were for the task.

I had a big and couple-year-old iMac, which I ended up trading in on a Mac Mini (with Apple silicon). Even got some money back from Apple on the deal.

My video editing software of choice has been DaVinci Resolve, the free edition. Functionally pretty similar going over from PC to Mac for my basic uses. And haven't run into any limitations using my cheap, little Mac Mini with it. Gets the job done for me.

Reactions: N2 Shooter