Purchased a LD off one of the auction sites this week and finally got an opportunity to shoot it today . Conditions not great , 60 degrees and switching winds . However I was still impressed with the accuracy of this gun . Shot it some with the hangy tank then switched to a remote 20 oz tank . Actually seemed to perform best with the remote tank . I pretty much intend to shoot it from the bench only so I would like to hear from other Shooters about technique . I really feel like it will be better than the 1 inch at 50 yards mentioned on Mac1 site . Any tips or advice will be appreciated .

Chris

1572129312_20839734995db4ca2029bfe1.04279401_5CB0E842-A860-4B5A-82C4-E17D4C8E1CEC.jpeg
Mine was built in the early 2000’s back when Tim was getting the shrouds from Venom. Back then there wasn’t much that could touch it at 50 yard accuracy. Since then the pcp market has closed the gap on these amazing pistols.

The advantage of the hangie tank comes in shooting off hand, these things ruled silhouette shooting in SoCal. Instead of holding it out like a normal pistol you hold it in close and use a rifle scope. 

mine will shoot cheap Crosman pellets, it was great with the old Crosman wad cutters. Recently I tried some JSB, I forget the weight, and was blown away with how accurate it could be.

Depending on which ver pistol you have there may or may not be screw in the front inline with the barrel. This will adjust power. Go to far and it won’t stay cocked.

Mine has served me well. It comes from a time that if you wanted something like this it had to be built and not just orders online. 

1572209966_2509951835db6052e630ec5.35665426_5D0C76EB-3C7C-43CA-8B07-2AEB013BC593.jpeg
Top is a Mac1 LD. 
This is shrouded and super quiet. Shoots around 10ftlbs.

2nd is a Jack Lewis. This uses the stock style tensioned barrel so there is no shroud. He did custom barrel weights and polished the trigger guard. Also around 10 ftlbs but really loud.

3rd is opened sights on a LW barrel. No shroud so it pops. Shoots about 5 ftlbs.

Last is a stock MK1. It has the flat left grip from a set of lefties so it can be shot right or left handed. It is also about 5 ftlbs and makes a bit of noise.