MA airgun hunting regs.

The hunting regs list approved methods for taking game. If airguns aren't on the list they aren't approved. Be carefull with the silencers too as there are illegal in the taking of game. Always er on the side of caution. Having a few hundred dollar fire arm taken away for breaking the rules would suck. Imagine it being your few thousand dollar rig instead. All I'm saying is be diligent and get permission, or denial in writing.

There are no species listed for air guns in the regs, so how does the ASA list all those species that can be taken with an air gun?

Who do you trust? The state department that makes the rules or a sporting/hunting website? As for silencers they are illegal for hunting. Pesting(think your local exterminator) is an industry in Massachusetts and requires a permit and insurance to be legit. If the farmer wants to allow you on his property without meeting these requirements you are on the hook for anything wrong that happens. So at least the liability insurance would be recommended. Though they may not cover you without the proper permitting. Gotta love govt.

I'm not telling you to do, or not do anything. Of course my experience with Ma. law enforcement, police of the lockstep kind and environmental has lead to make sure I KNOW that what I'm doing is within the law, near it or outright breaking it. This way I KNOW what to expect when an interaction occurs. So if you don't know, can't prove your action is legit or otherwise feign ignorance you're on the loosing end of any interaction with them.

Take this advice as you will.

P.S The biggest mistake made during any interaction with law enforcement is nervous chatter. Don't tell them anything they haven't asked about. So be sure you're listening well, don't let them rush you, and take your time to answer.

I emailed an epo a few years ago, and he responded that while hunting with an air rifle you have to follow all of the rules associated with a firearm. 

No silencer, and caliber restrictions do apply... 

You cant hunt pidgeons.

You need a special license to shoot pests for another person on their property...

Its a problem animal control permit... you need to take trapping classes, get a trappers license, take a special test at a mass wildlife office to obtain it