MA airgun hunting regs.

If I remember correctly when I looked up, it is vague at best. I would suggest contacting Environmental Police for clarification. Just don’t expect a positive answer if you are in the eastern part of the state. The western zones are less restrictive,but, “air rifles” are not written in clearly.

Mitch

I dug into this a year or so ago and ran into zero info clarity as well. I hunt with my .30 air rifle and I know it does not produce the same energy as a .22lr (close but, still under the power levels. So knowing that and the fact that it is and air rifle I just went for it. Just to be extra safe I did use pellets and not slugs as well. Lucky that I haven't encountered any EP were I hunt.

The hunting regs list approved methods for taking game. If airguns aren't on the list they aren't approved. Be carefull with the silencers too as there are illegal in the taking of game. Always er on the side of caution. Having a few hundred dollar fire arm taken away for breaking the rules would suck. Imagine it being your few thousand dollar rig instead. All I'm saying is be diligent and get permission, or denial in writing.

The hunting regs list approved methods for taking game. If airguns aren't on the list they aren't approved. Be carefull with the silencers too as there are illegal in the taking of game. Always er on the side of caution. Having a few hundred dollar fire arm taken away for breaking the rules would suck. Imagine it being your few thousand dollar rig instead. All I'm saying is be diligent and get permission, or denial in writing.

There are no species listed for air guns in the regs, so how does the ASA list all those species that can be taken with an air gun?