Other M712 Shoulder Stock

I recently bought two shoulder stocks for my KWC M712.
One from Amazon, the other from SARCO.
The pics tell the story.

The Amazon stock is cheaply made and a poor fit to the gun. Lots of cutting and fiddling would be needed to get the gun to fit into the stock. Also, the attachment to the pistol is loose and sloppy. Attachment hardware is held in with two wood screws. Spring-loaded release does not have enough travel to properly lock into the gun.

The SARCO stock is beautifully finished and the pistol fits into it perfectly. Also, the attachment is solid with only a little wiggle (much like a real 712). Attachment hardware is secured with screws that pass all the way through the stock. Spring-loaded release locks into the gun securely.

SARCO is a lot more expensive but you get what you pay for.
The pistol does not come with the hole for the latch, you need to drill this yourself but it's an easy job.

Amazon_LS.JPG

Amazon_RS.JPG

AmazonLatch1.JPG

AmazonLatch2.JPG

Bad_fit.JPG

Fits_in_Sarco.JPG

Good_fit.JPG

Sarco_LS.JPG

Sarco_RS.JPG

Sarco_stock_attached.JPG

SarcoLatch1.JPG

SarcoLatch2.JPG

These shoulder stocks don't always attach to the gun as firmly as they should. This one wasn't bad but I felt it could use a little help.
Pic shows a thin brass shim fixed to the stock to take up the slack. Turns out this stock only needed shimming on one side.
No more wiggle, and stock now attaches with a nice solid "click". A little grease helps with getting it apart again.

Stock_Shim.JPG

Reactions: Bandito