Snowpeak M60B vs Impact MK2 accuracy tests

I thought my Impact should/would win the last accuracy tests, but it didn't happen that day. Yes, I agree that these two PCP are not on the same level in terms of build quality and adjustability. Impact hands down have the advantage. I know what my Impact is capable of in terms of accuracy, just have to make the correct adjustments to HS or REG. But I am very surprised with how well this M60B shoots at the moment with the NSA slugs.
M60b is a phenominal pcp for the price point. Just not the same ballpark as others that are much easier to tune and just more refined. Once you go first class, you cant go back. Lmao, if you are a tinkerer and have maxhini g capabilitiesgood deal. If you want awesome out of the box, it costs more. I also do not buy new and trade.

Reactions: Firewalker
Yes, it would be nice to see some group shots with these M60B. Let me know what ammo yours prefer.

The lever is a bit too long to my liking. I guess I was spoiled with my Impact and Crown. Will see if the new shorter lever will work or not.

I threw a 3X12 BugBuster on my .25 M60b and sighted it in real quick so you will see 3 shots that dont have red dots, those are my final sighters and the red dots are the 5 shot group.

Here is a 5 shot group with JSB 25.39gr Kings at 50 yards, shot at 860fps from the .25 M60b. It has no buttstock and was shot off a front bag only so I'm expecting it to tighten up a lot once I have the butt and can use a rear bag as well.

The bull is 1" exactly

20240313_165704.jpg

Reactions: Coonhound0
I threw a 3X12 BugBuster on my .25 M60b and sighted it in real quick so you will see 3 shots that dont have red dots, those are my final sighters and the red dots are the 5 shot group.

Here is a 5 shot group with JSB 25.39gr Kings at 50 yards, shot at 860fps from the .25 M60b. It has no buttstock and was shot off a front bag only so I'm expecting it to tighten up a lot once I have the butt and can use a rear bag as well.

The bull is 1" exactly

View attachment 445379
Fantastic! I am sure the group will be tighter once you get everything setup properly. Thanks for sharing.

It could go either way. Again we don’t (at least I hope) spend 2k + with the main point of chasing accuracy. Especially at those ranges. Well known fact the China guns can be very accurate. However, I can guarantee while the accuracy may be close the feel, build quality and shooting experiences are miles apart.

• Wow
There is no substitute for quality. I would pick my Impact MK2 over the M60B based on the fact that it is a better quality built gun with lots of adjustability and power upgrade. However, if I was on a budget then M60B would be my choice now that I have some hands-on experience with it. Not all high ends guns shoot like a laser out of the box. Sometimes proper tune and ammo selection are required.

I have spent countless hours on tuning my Impact and luckily I found the right slug, H&N 25gr Gen2, to work well with my current tune. Maybe I got lucky with this M60B as I have not made any adjustment to the Reg/HS and it was shooting well with Hades 16, Baracuda 15 and of course the NSA 17.5gr slugs.

Reactions: Coonhound0
It could go either way. Again we don’t (at least I hope) spend 2k + with the main point of chasing accuracy. Especially at those ranges. Well known fact the China guns can be very accurate. However, I can guarantee while the accuracy may be close the feel, build quality and shooting experiences are miles apart.

Not so, the feel is nearly the same as the Maverick, the build quality is also fantastic.