Snowpeak M60B vs Impact MK2 accuracy tests

Max115

Jul 15, 2018
BC, Canada
I had a chance to shoot some targets recently and I decided to challenge my Impact MK2 with the newcomer Snowpeak M60B out at 50 and 75 yards.

These two PCP look similar but they are mile apart in terms of price, built and quality. Not a fair competition in my opinion, but it was still a fun challenge, nevertheless.

Which PCP held tighter groups in 50 and 75 yards while the strong wind was pushing hard right to left.

Well, watch and find out.

I had a chance to shoot some targets recently and I decided to challenge my Impact MK2 with the newcomer Snowpeak M60B out at 50 and 75 yards.

These two PCP look similar but they are mile apart in terms of price, built and quality. Not a fair competition in my opinion, but it was still a fun challenge, nevertheless.

Which PCP held tighter groups in 50 and 75 yards while the strong wind was pushing hard right to left.

Well, watch and find out.

I‘m impressed by the M60Bs performance. The Impact’s accuracy leaves a lot to be desired and it’s pretty shocking given the difference in price point…I’m thinking it’s going to need some more tuning and a polish on that liner. Maybe try 940 with those H&Ns

Great shooting, the M60B is looking worthy for sure!
And thank you for showing that scope reticle at all magnifications!
I've always been an SFP user but you just convinced me to try out that particular FFP scope.
Thank you. Yes, these affordable PCP can shoot accurately with the right tune and ammo. Definitely try out these new Discovery Scope in the ED line.

I‘m impressed by the M60Bs performance. The Impact’s accuracy leaves a lot to be desired and it’s pretty shocking given the difference in price point…I’m thinking it’s going to need some more tuning and a polish on that liner. Maybe try 940 with those H&Ns
Likewise. I am still shocked with how well it shoots the NSA 17.5gr slugs. I know my Impact MK2 is accurate and can group much better than it did in this particular video. Maybe the cold temperature has affected my tune slightly with either lost of velocity or REG creep. I will definitely do more accuracy tests between these PCP again. Hopefully in calmer and warmer weather. Thanks for watching.

Thank you. Ya I heard about the delay with export permit. Hopefully you will get yours soon. I will be posting a new video this Saturday about a few Mods that I did for this gun. The extended bipod rail mod might be an interest to you, so please check it out.

I've got the .22 and .25 now, I'm very pleased with them so far but I'm looking to replace the regulator stems. They are slotted for a straight bladed screwdriver and I want to convert them to Allen hex.

My impact blows the m60b out of the water. Tuning really needs to be learned to say one is better or not. I have owned both with plenty of testing on both. No comparison. A good budget buy yes, better? no.
I thought my Impact should/would win the last accuracy tests, but it didn't happen that day. Yes, I agree that these two PCP are not on the same level in terms of build quality and adjustability. Impact hands down have the advantage. I know what my Impact is capable of in terms of accuracy, just have to make the correct adjustments to HS or REG. But I am very surprised with how well this M60B shoots at the moment with the NSA slugs.

My impact blows the m60b out of the water. Tuning really needs to be learned to say one is better or not. I have owned both with plenty of testing on both. No comparison. A good budget buy yes, better? no.

I'm happy that you have had a good experience with your impact.

I'll still refer to my M60b's as impact killers as I have had good experiences so far with my SnowPeak's.

Nothing like a little poke to liven up the conversation. 🤣

I thought my Impact should/would win the last accuracy tests, but it didn't happen that day. Yes, I agree that these two PCP are not on the same level in terms of build quality and adjustability. Impact hands down have the advantage. I know what my Impact is capable of in terms of accuracy, just have to make the correct adjustments to HS or REG. But I am very surprised with how well this M60B shoots at the moment with the NSA slugs.

I've got no complaints at all, the build quality seems very high on the m60b, the Maverick compares closely.

Lol, next thing you know, someone will have to post their target groups and do a "show and tell"

"Someone" here has got a robust hunny-do list in front of him along with Notos conversions.

I'll see if I can get a few groups fom the .22, the .25 needs furniture first. It shoots from the vice but that's not really a fair way to compare groups IMHO.

Reactions: Coonhound0
Agreed. I am waiting for the CF bottle upgrade from Wes and it should make the gun even more attractive and comparable to the Impact. I am currently waiting for the cocking lever (shorter version from another vendor) to arrive and hopefully I can modify it to make it work on the M60B.
Don't like the cocking lever, huh? I like it but I also don't speed shoot.

Agreed, both mine have the .43L CF tanks, makes for a very comfortable offhand brace.

Reactions: Coonhound0
"Someone" here has got a robust hunny-do list in front of him along with Notos conversions.

I'll see if I can get a few groups fom the .22, the .25 needs furniture first. It shoots from the vice but that's not really a fair way to compare groups IMHO.
Yes, it would be nice to see some group shots with these M60B. Let me know what ammo yours prefer.

The lever is a bit too long to my liking. I guess I was spoiled with my Impact and Crown. Will see if the new shorter lever will work or not.