• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Snowpeak M60B (.35) - out of the box deco-gun or 'beginners luck'?

hello everybody,
it's my first post here and it is about my 1st PCP gun, a Snowpeak M60B .35. i have read and heard a lot good things about it, but right out of the box, i have had problems with it. since there was some pressure in the bottle, i was wondering if it is possible to detach the bottle under rest-pressure. unfortunately the manual that came with it is only for the M60, so i had to try to find some info from the www, about how to detach and refill the airbottle. some people claimed that it is the case, and in many places it was also said to not go below a certain level of pressure before refilling. anyway, when carefully unscrewing the bottle, air pressure escaped and destroyed the o-ring (hence, the user name.) on the connection on the side of the gun's action. luckily there is one spare in the package, but if that breaks again, the next time i take the bottle off, i wonder where to get new ones? but, since i am not able to refill the bottle anyway, since the odd bottle adapter, seem to need some special previously unknown 'female' counterpart and not as i had expected and had ready to use on my handpump, a standard foster coupling (which does not work for the bottle fill adapter that cam with the M60B). if you can tell me what kind the threads on the bottle adapter are, is i might be able to find one with an actual foster coupler on the other side. as for now, until someone (and yes, i have also written this to the sellers, without a response yet) helps me finding a suitable solution, the brand new airgun is merely decorative (and hopefully the rest of the seals will not break now, since the gun is unpressurized.)

i know there have been extra parts on the US market, that have a foster fitting on valve of the bottle, so the bottle does not have to be detached for filling anymore, but where can i get these parts in europe? i am also looking for spare magazines for the M60B, in case the only one that came with it breaks.

i'll attach pictures, of the parts, i was talking about and hope to read from you with suitable help. thank you.

thanks in advance.

1. M60B bottle adapter (left) next to an actual foster coupling. and the broken o-ring
2. M60B connection to the bottle valve with manometer and fill adapter.

photo_2024-03-06 18.04.35.jpeg

photo_2024-03-06 18.05.11.jpeg

OMG" im sorry for you,can ya just send it back? Do have a pic. of the hole rifle?i think i almost brought one??

i am first giving the shop a chance to respond, i have send them an almost identical request as i have done here.
i do not think this is something that in general speaks against the gun. doing such is not my intention. what i am interested in is to 'get help and hints' from more experienced people than me.

here's a picture of the version of the M60B that i got, from the seller's webpage.
Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 19-14-16 snowpeak-m60b-_2_.jpg (WEBP Image 630 × 450 pixels).png

Sorry to hear about your mishap. I guess you have the older version of the M60B. All the new ones included with a fill valve.

Maybe reach out to Wes of www.AirgunArcheryFun.ca and see if he has what you need and how much it would be to ship to Europe. Good luck.

yes, thank you for the tip. i have been asking already.

i was aware that the one i have ordered does not have the integrated foster coupling and was hoping i will find an suitable solution for that soon.

i wonder if i was wrong in presuming that i can detach the bottle with some rest-pressure in it. was that my mistake? i mean the same would happen if i re-attach a freshly filled bottle, or am i seeing that wrong?

You can unscrew the bottle from the gun, it will let off pressure and a puff of air. The bottles will still be under pressure. If you want to degass The bottle slowly unscrew the Pressure gauge slowly till it starts leaking. Then sit around till it’s empty. Have spare orings in case the oring on the gauge needs replaced.
thank you, that is what i thought.

do you know the exact size of the o-rings of the bottle valve connection?

also does your bottle filling connector looks as strange as mine? and if so what would be suitable counterpart?

Reactions: Firewalker
I have a .177 my best advice is keep super glue handy. One day I pulled the trigger and got nothing ended up being the worlds smallest circlip popped off the trigger linkage. Just little things happen. pix of my M60B.View attachment 443042
looking good. does the rail extention on the bottom hold well to the tiny rail? what part did you use?

hope you got that tiny but important failure fixed. did it hold with superglue?

Reactions: Firewalker
looking good. does the rail extention on the bottom hold well to the tiny rail? what part did you use?

hope you got that tiny but important failure fixed. did it hold with superglue?
The bottom rail holds great it’s a saber tactical brand pic rail. Sorry no idea what size Oring didn’t you get extra o ring packet?. So far every thing super glued is holding.

yes, thank you for the tip. i have been asking already.

i was aware that the one i have ordered does not have the integrated foster coupling and was hoping i will find an suitable solution for that soon.

i wonder if i was wrong in presuming that i can detach the bottle with some rest-pressure in it. was that my mistake? i mean the same would happen if i re-attach a freshly filled bottle, or am i seeing that wrong?
check with Wes and see if he has the fill valve adaptor.

If you bought your gun from Krale I recommend you call them rather than trying to communicate by email. I never got responses to the emails I sent them but they were always polite and tried to be helpful when I called them. I have 3 P35s but no M60. It looks interesting, however. Documentation is definitely not a strength of SPA. I often recommend P35s but do not always remember to caution first time buyers about the very poor "manual" they will get. The one that came with my P35s is more of a brochure for SPA guns.

I don't know where to get O-rings in Europe but I often order from the O-ring store (theoringstore.com). It is reassuring to have a parts list or a exploded view of the gun with the parts listed but when I don't have that I just measure the id and od of the old o-ring. I use a digital caliper. When I don't have the exact size I've substituted something close and it has worked before. I would also say that I've ordered the wrong size O-ring before, I find it easy to get confused between a parts list with the OD of the O-ring and thickness and a supplier listing with the ID - it is good to be careful to order what you really want.

From the reviews I've seen I believe that your gun was made to have the bottle removed to be refilled. It is not reasonable to assume it would be completely empty when it is removed from the gun. So I do not think you did anything wrong. I suspect if you put in an aftermarket O-ring to replace the one that broke it is likely you can remove the bottle to refill it without this type of O-ring damage. When I used the O-rings that came with my P35s I had to replace O-rings every time I changed the regulator on my P35s but with non-SPA O-rings I've removed changed the regulator as many as 4 times on the same set of O-rings. So there is some reason to believe replacements may last better.

The adapter you included pictures of appears to be a male foster but without the last straight section. Have you tried to use it in a female foster adapter? It doesn't look exactly right but it might work (once you have an O-ring on it). Long term you need to switch it to the newer setup with the male foster part of the gun so you can refill without taking the bottle off.

Reactions: grouch-o
update:

yes, i got the gun from KRALE and i went ahead with emails. the response time was not so bad, but it seemed like they were not getting what the problem is, even though i send detailed pictures and descriptions. i asked them to send a bottle valve with a foster fill port, as they have said the new delivery has, but then they wrote, they do not have that part. it felt like they were dragging the process, only when i said, that i will send the whole gun back, they offered to send another fill adaptr and some o-rings. also, in one email they said they won't take the gun back, but right after that there was another email, that said if it is in unused condition (even though i stated many times, that the gun is not usable, without being able to pressurize it), they would. in between i also tried to call, but did not get through and did not get called back. today i got the new bottle fill adapter and some o-rings. all in all, i was not very happy about the way it went, which might be understandable. here is the difference between the working and non-working fill adapter. looks like the factory ran out of steel while machining the adapter.

now, filling up the bottle works. hooray, but i am waiting for AIRGUNARCHERYFUN to get the bottle valve with fill ports and hope to also get some spare magazines from Wes, who was very helpful and friendly when we wrote. the fact, that it is so hard to get spare parts for this gun, is of course a bummer.

thanks for all your helpful and encouraging advise here.
photo_2024-03-26 20.49.55.jpeg

Reactions: Coonhound0
I'm glad you are making progress. Some of the problem with Krale may be the language difference. They speak English pretty well but I used to have Swedish co-workers and we found that while they spoke english well they did not understand it nearly as well as their native language. Might be happening at Krale too. I agree Wes is much easier to deal with. I wish Canadian laws were different and I could go to him for my P35s.

Reactions: grouch-o
Glad they got you hooked up 👍. How does it work with krale ? Seems every gun on their site says EU countries only ?
i am in finland and therefore have other problems. =)
but as far as i have seen in some other snowpeak/artemis posts in here, there are quite some people who have made good experiences with them from the US. maybe better ask them, sorry.

Reactions: Trucker3573