Benjamin M357 anything needed to do to the new gun

I just recieved my bulldog from pyramid air. Do I need to do anything to this other than fill with air and shoot it? Sorry this is my first pcp.

719788456.jpg

As a first time PCP owner, there's a few things I'd recommend doing: Look it over real good to get familiar with it and the magazine, (particularly how it operates and how they work as a unit when cocking because some pcp's are susceptible to double loading slugs in the chamber). Clean the barrel until your patches are white to remove factory manufacturing debris. Mount a solid sighting apparatus of your choice on the rail. Fill it with air to the recommended fill pressure, sight it in, and enjoy learning it.

Oh, and try not to let yourself fall too far down the airgun/pcp rabbit hole...

@bubatrucking Definitely clean the barrel. Know that this is a loud airgun that is not backyard friendly. Also be sure to have a safe backstop. A steel trap, deadfall, or berm would be ideal. Also learn your ranges and holdovers since it an unregulated gun. What sort of ammo did you purchase?

As a first time PCP owner, there's a few things I'd recommend doing: Look it over real good to get familiar with it and the magazine, (particularly how it operates and how they work as a unit when cocking because some pcp's are susceptible to double loading slugs in the chamber). Clean the barrel until your patches are white to remove factory manufacturing debris. Mount a solid sighting apparatus of your choice on the rail. Fill it with air to the recommended fill pressure, sight it in, and enjoy learning it.

Oh, and try not to let yourself fall too far down the airgun/pcp rabbit hole...
good advice.

The rabbit hole is real. I'm doing all i can not to order my 4th rifle even as I wait for my 3rd to arrive lol.

I just recieved my bulldog from pyramid air. Do I need to do anything to this other than fill with air and shoot it? Sorry this is my first pcp.
Congrats on the new rifle. It will be interesting hearing your thoughts on it as a new shooter to pcp's.

I bought a sampler packet of hollow points from ksi on ebay.
Airgun Ammunition
(9ct) .357cal, 93gr Hollow Point
(9ct) .357cal, 152gr Deep Hollow Point
(9ct) .357cal, 162gr XL-Penta Hollow Point
(9ct) .357cal, 164gr XL Hollow Point

The never try to shoot anything that required a scope before. My previous shooting experience is with powder burner and they were mostly semi auto. I

Airgun Ammunition

The never try to shoot anything that required a scope before. My previous shooting experience is with powder burner and they were mostly semi auto. I

@bubatrucking There are iron sights thy can be used with the Bulldog, although I haven’t used any. Any idea what type of scope you’d like to try? I’m not familiar with those KSI slugs. Similar to your experience, my first PCP was the original .357 Bulldog. You may want to check out the linked thread below. Also look into Griffin Airgun Ammo and Nielsen Specialtiy Ammo for tried and true slugs for your Bulldog.

@bubatrucking There are iron sights thy can be used with the Bulldog, although I haven’t used any. Any idea what type of scope you’d like to try? I’m not familiar with those KSI slugs. Similar to your experience, my first PCP was the original .357 Bulldog. You may want to check out the linked thread below. Also look into Griffin Airgun Ammo and Nielsen Specialtiy Ammo for tried and true slugs for your Bulldog.

would zan have some solid projectiles for this?

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Airgun Ammunition

maybe check out these open sights that bolt right on. I like em on mine:

and this laser:

and this tool for adjusting the open sights:

Reactions: bubatrucking
2 hours later I'm at 2k psi. It's getting difficult to pump .
@bubatrucking Now you're getting to see what it's allllll about. Keep this up and be sure to shoot a few times a week, get some good sleep, and maintain a decent diet and you'll be ready to peel that t-shirt off at the beach by summer 2024.

Bubbatrucking, if you are going to keep hand pumping for now I would suggest a good moisture filter, hand pumping can create a good amount of moisture and you want to avoid getting into an air rirfle. It can quickly lead to damage of internal components. As well make sure to utilize soft lead slugs. Hard lead slugs can damage the barrel. Make sure to check all screws to ensure nothing came loose during shipping. Have fun you are in a good community of folks who are alway s happy to help and welcome to the sport.
IMG_20230914_132059885.jpg
IMG_20230914_132105246.jpg
IMG_20230914_132210000.jpg

Bubbatrucking, if you are going to keep hand pumping for now I would suggest a good moisture filter, hand pumping can create a good amount of moisture and you want to avoid getting into an air rirfle. It can quickly lead to damage of internal components. As well make sure to utilize soft lead slugs. Hard lead slugs can damage the barrel. Make sure to check all screws to ensure nothing came loose during shipping. Have fun you are in a good community of folks who are alway s happy to help and welcome to the sport.
View attachment 409128View attachment 409130View attachment 409131
Holy poop! Is that all just corrosion!? And over what period of time!? Honestly that’s scary af

@bthurman - Even the hardest lead is softer than steel. Pellets or slugs cannot damage a barrel, only travel through it.

@bubatrucking - Welcome to the rabbit hole called PCP's! If I had to do it again, I would start with a portable compressor instead of a hand pump, then a tank and then a compressor. These seem to be the most popular self contained compressors. Do your homework and watch as many youtube videos you can find on the subject.