• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

M3 tuning is a little over whelming

yes it is easy to obtain speeds and adjustments, but take this for example

.30 cal 44 grain 700mm barrel, pellets..Goat speed 890 fps

reg one 170

reg two 154

power wheel 4

valve line 3

speed 891

reg one 170

reg two 120

power wheel 8

valve out past line 4

speed 891

what is a better tune?

That is an interesting question, of the tunes listed which one is more accurate?. Which one is more efficient with respect to air consumption

With so many ways to achieve the desired pellet speed, seems impossible to get the most accurate tune.

I can change my pellet speeds by 60 fps with one full turn of valve. Or turn my adjuster from 16 to 5 and get the same result.

Then you can change 2 reg pressure and change fps as well.

I get your frustration. What appears to be logical and very adjustable in the M3 with a few twists of this knob and that dial, along with a reg or two adjustment here and there, can end up being a tuning nightmare if not executed in the right sequence and PSI combinations.

Rule #1

• Document where you are starting from and every change you make from there on.

Rule#2

• NEVER change more than one variable at a time.

RULE #3

• Same as rule #1

Rule #4

• Enjoy your M3

Patrick

White -

DON'T make gross changes at each adjustment point..! Make small changes.

And learn "exactly"...what each adjustment does, and HOW it does it. Adjusting blind...WILL get you in trouble, sorta like...now !?

Start with adjustment values as what the gun was originally adjusted to. Or go to the FX guys and ask them for a "starting" adjustment for XXX (your main weight) pellet weight..! Write down what they tell you, as you WILL NOT remember it.

THEN...if you really feel the need to try to upstage their tune, again, make...small changes. Start with the thumb wheel (left side). "Small" changes. Then the rotory wheel..."small" changes.

Mike