Tuning M3 Suddenly Dumping Air- Help, please!

I would double check the first reg. 240 bar down to 100 bar is a LOT of air. No way you wouldn’t hear that much blowing out in a couple seconds. It wouldn’t be a hiss, it would be violent. 

I would check the pressure directly at the bottle (if you have a quick fill adapter or similar) or take the bottle to your local shop and hav ex them throw it on another gun. I bet there is more than 100 bar in there.

I had a similar situation with the first M3 I received from Airgun Depot. I took the gun out of the box, saw that the gauge indicated the gun was at 240 bar and dry fired it. It sounded fine but the gauge went down 80 bar a shot. I filled the gun and it did the same thing. After unscrewing the bottle I discovered the problem. Whoever put the gun together put the wrong bottle valve into it. The M3 bottle valve uses a thicker stem, required because of the way the first regulator is adjusted. Instead of just sending me the small adapter bushing that slips over the valve stem, making it wider so it works, I had to send the gun back. I'd suggest that your problem is similar to mine. The problem is between the filled bottle and the first regulator, and for some reason air isn't being allowed to get to or pass through the first reg. The first thing I would do is to make sure the bottle valve stem has the very small bushing on it's end. I would include pictures but for some reason an error keeps popping up every time I try to add a picture to a post on this forum. 

@KenBrenner thank you for asking. Yesterday, I received the gun back from FX after its warranty repair. I never could find the problem and sent it in for repair. The technician who repaired it spoke with me for about 15 minutes explaining everything he found- absolutely excellent customer service. It involved replacement of the 1st regulator and major repairs to the 2nd regulator. He said it was a very complex problem and took two rebuilds to get fixed. It appeared that the air was leaking out the barrel which made it very difficult (impossible) to hear. He tuned it for me and was pleased with the results. I shot it for the first time yesterday, and It's working great. I am very thankful for FX taking care of the problems. Hopefully, this won't happen again.

Thanks again for checking back.

@KenBrenner thank you for asking. Yesterday, I received the gun back from FX after its warranty repair. I never could find the problem and sent it in for repair. The technician who repaired it spoke with me for about 15 minutes explaining everything he found- absolutely excellent customer service. It involved replacement of the 1st regulator and major repairs to the 2nd regulator. He said it was a very complex problem and took two rebuilds to get fixed. It appeared that the air was leaking out the barrel which made it very difficult (impossible) to hear. He tuned it for me and was pleased with the results. I shot it for the first time yesterday, and It's working great. I am very thankful for FX taking care of the problems. Hopefully, this won't happen again.

Thanks again for checking back.
you will always have to repair, clean and tune these guns, i like that, but a problem like yours no thanks, but now i know if im losing mystery air what to check. lots of folks complain about the maintenance but it is the most accurate gun out there by far. Check out the recent RMAC results. All FX and all M3's except for a FX crown. They say FX USA is top notch and will never leave you hanging. thanks for replying