• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX M3 new user

Hi everyone,
I'm new member from Indonesia. I just buying Fx impact m3 .177 (that's the calibre my country permitted, but there is online stores selling other calibre too) . I already watched many video on you tube about how to tune the gun... And time goes by, I noticed some problem :
1. The accesories are very expensive here
2. The maintenance Kit like orings etc are not ready stock eventhough the Fx user is growing rapidly in my country.

For example : for superior heavy liner . 22 Utah airgun sell 109.99 while in my country online store sell them 8.000.000,- rupiah convert to USD 533 (the rate is 1usd= 15.000,- rupiah)

I've a lot of questions right now in my mind
1. What are the do's and don't for m3?
2. I want to set my first reg to 150bar but very hard to tuning it... I turn the reg counter clock wise or clock wise and put the bottle again and sometimes it will be 150 and over night the regulator will creeping high... What is the problem...
3. Can i shoot slug 15gr nsa slug with standard m3 177 barrel? What about the precision?

@radjabatak I am not sure what barrel length you have. 500-600-700? These differences will make a difference in tuning.
Suggestions would be to not make any adjustments until you shoot 500- 1000 pellets through your new M3.
The M3 .177 is very well tuned from the factory to shoot 8.4gr pellets very accurately, with minimal adjustments needed for temperature and elevation.
Describe your purpose of your M3.
Why do you need to adjust the regulator?

@radjabatak I am not sure what barrel length you have. 500-600-700? These differences will make a difference in tuning.
Suggestions would be to not make any adjustments until you shoot 500- 1000 pellets through your new M3.
The M3 .177 is very well tuned from the factory to shoot 8.4gr pellets very accurately, with minimal adjustments needed for temperature and elevation.
Describe your purpose of your M3.
Why do you need to adjust the regulator?
@Dirtnap my barrel length is 600mm. I adjust it because one time the regulator creeping high in one night... I never put the gun below the pressure regulator 2 (130bar).
I'm shooting crosman premier 10,5gr it works perfectly and very accurate before the creep.. Any help which o ring is broken? Is it the piston? I just order the brass piston, will it fit the stock bellvile washer? Sorry too many questions because I never open the regulator before... Thanks

Regard,

Radja

How high is it actually creeping ? The amp regs I have experience with pretty much have all creeped or do creep a few bar. Also, I’m not sure why you are running 150 and 130…you need a little more separation than 20 bar. I would go at least 30-40. Also I can’t imagine you need anywhere near 130 on the second reg for a 177. Do you have a chrono ?

How high is it actually creeping ? The amp regs I have experience with pretty much have all creeped or do creep a few bar. Also, I’m not sure why you are running 150 and 130…you need a little more separation than 20 bar. I would go at least 30-40. Also I can’t imagine you need anywhere near 130 on the second reg for a 177. Do you have a chrono ?

130B/150B is fine depending on the weight of slug he is shooting and his barrels length. Definitely need that data before suggesting lowering.

Considering he wants to launch 15 gr slugs, and probably at 1000~ fps (ideally) well, I'd stay with the 150 bar personally...unless his liner is 700mm, in fact if he has only a 500mm liner he may want to bump that up to 155-160 bar...

The dual regulator situation, I don't see why 20 bar wouldn't suffice, I think as long as your first reg doesn't creep into your second reg, you should be fine...

To OP, how much is your regulator creeping? Within 5-7% is fairly normal.

-Matt

130B/150B is fine depending on the weight of slug he is shooting and his barrels length. Definitely need that data before suggesting lowering.

Considering he wants to launch 15 gr slugs, and probably at 1000~ fps (ideally) well, I'd stay with the 150 bar personally...unless his liner is 700mm, in fact if he has only a 500mm liner he may want to bump that up to 155-160 bar...

The dual regulator situation, I don't see why 20 bar wouldn't suffice, I think as long as your first reg doesn't creep into your second reg, you should be fine...

To OP, how much is your regulator creeping? Within 5-7% is fairly normal.

-Matt
I guess ports are diff on 177. Just weird as with a 600mm on my 25 I can push 26 gr hades to 870-875 with only 95 bar on the operating reg and with really good consistency (ES like 7). The 20 bar difference will work just seems the plenum resets faster with a greater disparity between them while still maintaining good consistency. Yeah a little creeping has been normal in my experiences too.

The regs can take a few hundred shots for the mating surface to settle in. My 500mm shoots Zan 16grain slugs at 125 bar so I would guess that 120 bar would be enough with a 600mm barrel.
Thanks for the info... So 16 grain slugs can be shot from the stock barrel? Org dou you using the heavy liner" For slug? And the gun is 177 right?

The creep is 30 to 50 bar sometimes... And it is in the first regulator... And the second is not creeping at all... So should I open the first regulator or not?

The creep is 30 to 50 bar sometimes... And it is in the first regulator... And the second is not creeping at all... So should I open the first regulator or not?
I guess it is better to have creep in that one if one of them is going to do that. 30-50 is way too much. I would just continue to shoot it as that reg may break in. If it doesn’t get better just contact fx and I bet they will hook you up with a new reg.

Anyone know what size the o ring near the brass? I look the schematic and i think i don't find it

16924906671983316106289835997809.jpg

Thanks for the info... So 16 grain slugs can be shot from the stock barrel? Org dou you using the heavy liner" For slug? And the gun is 177 right?
It’s 177 but I am at 5000ft elevation. Since the air is thinner, slugs don’t need as much twist to stabilize. My standard 1:18 liner generates the same stability as a 1:16 would at sea level.

Do you know the o ring size i asked? Need help right now
Robinson, yes, @hristoss has the right O-ring size @ 7,5 x 1,5 NBR 90. Clean out the block area it screws into and the first reg housing itself. Lube very lightly with silicone O-ring grease and install with a slight snug turn, no "Crank" (24mm I believe). You can try to turn the O-ring upside down to use the other side if you don't have a replacement at the moment, just clean it and lube it. You should be good to go...unless there are other issues.
Let us know your results.

Robinson, yes, @hristoss has the right O-ring size @ 7,5 x 1,5 NBR 90. Clean out the block area it screws into and the first reg housing itself. Lube very lightly with silicone O-ring grease and install with a slight snug turn, no "Crank" (24mm I believe). You can try to turn the O-ring upside down to use the other side if you don't have a replacement at the moment, just clean it and lube it. You should be good to go...unless there are other issues.
Let us know your results.
What lubricant should i use? Silicon oil or Silicon grease for the washer and the other? I have amscud Silicon grease right now is it ok?

The silicone you have is ok for the o-ring. Do Not use silicone for the threads or any metal to metal contact!

I understand why you don't use silicone grease on moving metal to metal contact, but what is the reason not to have any on threads? When I grease an O-ring set in a part that has threads, it is almost impossible to keep some silicone grease getting on the threads when I assemble it. What problems might that cause?