• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX M3 .....Maybe, just Maybe got it right!

Well , it seems that my M3 with its current setup/config is finally behaving itself.

Over the past few weeks i have taken it out to fire a group every few days .... to see how it does , and It has been doing very well!!

Routine is full 250bar charge ... ( i dont fire under 200bar so approx. 30 shots before recharge ) ...... 5 shots to settle...then a 10 shot group at 120yds . I pick a day time when the wind is basically zero.

Setup..
NSA 27.5 at 1060fps
1st Reg 200bar
2nd Reg 145bar

Tungsten Hammer
Pin Probe.

Custom Carbon Fibre ( 4dia tube sections with machined spacers pressed and bonded)
FX barrel liner and original tube fully bonded with Carbon tube sections.

The whole barrel/liner assembly has NO tension on it whatsoever.....

Results form this arvo..... which are typical of what it has been doing.. :)

120-yds--NSA-27.5.jpg

M3-120yds-20-2-24-...jpg

M3-120Yds-20-2-24.jpg

I'm starting down the .22 M3 slug rabbit hole this weekend. Any tips you wish you had been given prior to starting yours?
Have an incredible amount of patience!!
Be prepared to shoot many.many.many ( you get the idea :LOL: ) slugs at all sorts of velocities .......then you will swear you will never do it again if given the chance !

:D:D

Reactions: Sqwirl57
I'm starting down the .22 M3 slug rabbit hole this weekend. Any tips you wish you had been given prior to starting yours?
Do you have an idea what you're looking to use the slugs for? A weight range to use? I had good results with the Hybrids out of a 600 mm barrel. Other slugs were close, some not so close.
I had better success with 25 cal in a 700 mm barrel. Still got the best results with the Hybrids.
Standard Superior barrel for both.

Do you have an idea what you're looking to use the slugs for? A weight range to use? I had good results with the Hybrids out of a 600 mm barrel. Other slugs were close, some not so close.
I had better success with 25 cal in a 700 mm barrel. Still got the best results with the Hybrids.
Standard Superior barrel for both.
They shoot a 200m 22lr match at the club and I wanted to join in with a wittle BB gun to see how it compares. I'm have the 40gr Alteros slugs here all ready but I have an assortment of lighter stuff coming as well

They shoot a 200m 22lr match at the club and I wanted to join in with a wittle BB gun to see how it compares. I'm have the 40gr Alteros slugs here all ready but I have an assortment of lighter stuff coming as well
That should be a fun journey. I'm thinking for that distance the heaviest you can make work.

I'd love to be able to stretch out to even 100 on a regular basis.
Same. Thats why I have many, many, many springers but only one PCP. My home range is limited to 60yds and 99% of my shooting is there. I do try to go to the club every other weekend though and its only 30 minutes away so having one good long range PCP kind of made sense