• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

M3 mags and cheek pieces for lefty

Is there any one out there trying to mirror the mag and cheek piece using 3d printing for left handed shooters friend bought a M3 he can shoot either hand but prefers left hand and was wondering if there is anyone out there trying this for left handers I understand the metal holder would also have to be changed but think we can figure that part out I'm sure we can fab something up to work for the metal piece just need help with mag and cheek piece any ideas are greatly appreciated thanks

I would be interested in LH options as well, along with thousands of other lefties. 

Maybe CARM or Orion can make a LH mag. Ambi cheek pieces are available off ebay, but it would be nice to have a injection molded version or similar from FX. Perhaps Side-Shot , Saber Tactical or DonnyFL can make a LH mag bracket? I heard on a recent Airgun Geeks podcaat that Izzy from DonnyFL does custom work. Maybe we can get go in as a larger group to help with costs? Just spit-balling some ideas.

John

I am left eye dominant and shoot from my left shoulder. I wanted a FX and was waiting for a Crown Continum to come in stock when I saw the SPA P35. It's a much lower priced gun and very friendly to lefties. I am very happy with mine and anxiously waiting for Krale to get some more so I can get a 22.

If you want a higher end gun, I think Prophets and Uragans are lefty friendly.

I like the charging handle on the right but many guns are switchable (including P35). My big issue is the magazine. I'm not buying a gun that puts the magazine right in my face. I cannot see through the scope on an Impact. Completely unacceptable. Other guns show it isn't hard to, from my point of view, get it right.

I am a lefty and own an M3.

Cheekpiece- because the PRS cheekpiece was not out yet, I had a custom cheekpiece made, then bought longer hex screws and customized some foam pads under the cheekpiece as a riser. Worked great.

The mag doesn't bother me much, in fact I kind of rest my cheek on it as a point of contact. There are companies that make "micro" sized mags that wouldn't be in the way. Carm comes to mind. I believe it's 9 shots

Personally I never switched the cocking handle to the left side, I like it on the right side, The angled manometer is perfect for lefty as well. My Sekhmet gauge is right in front of me and its not in the way of cocking bc my off hand does the cocking.

You can't just put a mag in from the left side. The piece of the rear block that "clicks" the mag in place can not be reversed. This would take more a mag printed in reverse.

My opinion here, but I think you are overthinking this. Unless you plan entering speed shooting comps there is no reason you can't just keep the mag where it is, and it would only be fractions of a second slower in that case anyway.

You can't just put a mag in from the left side. The piece of the rear block that "clicks" the mag in place can not be reversed. This would take more a mag printed in reverse.

My opinion here, but I think you are overthinking this. Unless you plan entering speed shooting comps there is no reason you can't just keep the mag where it is, and it would only be fractions of a second slower in that case anyway.

I understand that and am working on addressing that to no it's not for speed reasons why have 5 9 shot mags for a 100 bucks plus shipping people would rather have one or 2 high capacity magazines I wasn't born yesterday but thanks for your comments 

I understand that and am working on addressing that to no it's not for speed reasons why have 5 9 shot mags for a 100 bucks plus shipping people would rather have one or 2 high capacity magazines I wasn't born yesterday but thanks for your comments

Your post said nothing about figuring out how to actually clip the mag in place, only that you would need to flip the bracket to the other side. But I guess I should've assumed you knew everything. Like you said, you weren't born yesterday

Your post said nothing about figuring out how to actually clip the mag in place, only that you would need to flip the bracket to the other side. But I guess I should've assumed you knew everything. Like you said, you weren't born yesterday

You quoted the obvious and made it sound like I'm dumb I've never tried a left hand or mirrored mag and was trying to help a friend out he doesn't want a handful of lower capacity mags otherwise we would have went that route I think I took your post the wrong way I'm not here to make enemies sorry I thought I stated it had to at least be flipped but I don't know if it will work or not figured it was worth a shot waiting for the mag to see if it will others have stated they would like to be able to shoot it with out the mag in the way to I just took your post the wrong way sorry not here to make enemies

You quoted the obvious and made it sound like I'm dumb I've never tried a left hand or mirrored mag and was trying to help a friend out he doesn't want a handful of lower capacity mags otherwise we would have went that route I think I took your post the wrong way I'm not here to make enemies sorry I thought I stated it had to at least be flipped but I don't know if it will work or not figured it was worth a shot waiting for the mag to see if it will others have stated they would like to be able to shoot it with out the mag in the way to I just took your post the wrong way sorry not here to make enemies

FYI, another option is the pump action kit for the FX

download.png
FX with pump action and bipod.1642818820.jpg

. Like KevinWood44 said it actually is not that bad for lefties but I am a lefty and am ok with it but if some other options come available cool...

Cool yeah Orion is having a little trouble with the notch in the rear if the mag is thick enough I was thinking I could move the notch carefully with a Dremel tool I'll have to look at it all closer yeah I understand that some leftys don't have a problem I'm wondering if it doesn't have to do with your preference of where you want your scope and eye relief