• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

M3 impact 30 caliber question

Ok, here goes.
I bought the gun used .
It was an M3 non powerblock 22cal impact compact. I sent it back to FX because reg.#2
Was leaking. while it was there i ordered an 800mm 30cal barrel and tensioner so i called fx and asked them to install a powerblock and that i had the 30cal Barrel and tentioner ready to install so if they could tune it for that setup. My gun is set up as follows.
Reg. 1) 150
Reg. 2) 100
Power wheel ) 16
Micro ) 3
Valve adjuster 4.5 lines
47.2gr. NSA slugs
800mm 30cal barrel with tensioner
The person i talked to at fx said i should get between 900-950fps w/a 62gr Nielsen slug instead I'm getting 732 w/a 47.2gr Nielsen slug that's only 56 fpe
Done!

Last edited:
Now here's another thing. My old impact was an MK2 it didn't have a power plenum or anything like that. So I don't know if what I am hearing is normal but when I shoot the gun I can almost hear the plenum filling back up with air.
Is this normal or do I have to do some adjusting so it fills up quicker?
I actually remember why I sold my fx's and bought a raw hm 1000x. The raw never had a problem In the two years that I've owned it but I have to say I went back to FX because they are just so much more fun to shoot than any other gun out there ,so you can deal with a few problems, but I've taking about 50 shots out of this gun and it's been back and forth to FX twice in those 50 shots.

Okay just got off the phone with the tech at FX that worked on my gun there was a misunderstanding he thought I was keeping it a 22 pellet so those numbers he gave me were for 22 caliber. So he gave me some new settings to try out and I will do that when I get home from work. Between the settings he gave me and the settings people posted here for me I should be in pretty good shape! Thanks for anyone who helped me out and as soon as I get this set I will fill everyone in on how I made out.

Reactions: Ctkny and 450BM
Okay just got off the phone with the tech at FX that worked on my gun there was a misunderstanding he thought I was keeping it a 22 pellet so those numbers he gave me were for 22 caliber. So he gave me some new settings to try out and I will do that when I get home from work. Between the settings he gave me and the settings people posted here for me I should be in pretty good shape! Thanks for anyone who helped me out and as soon as I get this set I will fill everyone in on how I made out.
what setting did they tell you??

Reg1) 180
Reg2) 150
Power wheel 16
Micro wheel 5
Power valve 5
With Nielsen 47.2 grain slugs I'm getting
970.2 FPS
98.68 FPE I expected over 100 foot pounds but I figure with the Factory Hammer weight and the light slugs I guess I'm pretty much right on. Hopefully I will break 130 when I use the heavier slugs and the tungsten Hammer weight

Reactions: SONG55
Now here's another thing. My old impact was an MK2 it didn't have a power plenum or anything like that. So I don't know if what I am hearing is normal but when I shoot the gun I can almost hear the plenum filling back up with air.
Is this normal or do I have to do some adjusting so it fills up quicker?
I actually remember why I sold my fx's and bought a raw hm 1000x. The raw never had a problem In the two years that I've owned it but I have to say I went back to FX because they are just so much more fun to shoot than any other gun out there ,so you can deal with a few problems, but I've taking about 50 shots out of this gun and it's been back and forth to FX twice in those 50 shots.
If you don't mind.... What problems ?

If you don't mind.... What problems ?
Regulator leaks, although I don't mind paying for a problem every now and then it's just sending the gun out and being without it for weeks at a time is whats aggravating ,if there was a place near me that I could drop it off and have it back in a couple of days I would have no problem with having to dump money into my gun every now and then but being without it for weeks at a time sucks!

Regulator leaks, although I don't mind paying for a problem every now and then it's just sending the gun out and being without it for weeks at a time is whats aggravating ,if there was a place near me that I could drop it off and have it back in a couple of days I would have no problem with having to dump money into my gun every now and then but being without it for weeks at a time sucks!
.... Do you know what they did? ....So what you are saying is you had to pay for this as well?

.... Do you know what they did? ....So what you are saying is you had to pay for this as well? They replaced the second regulator. I owned this gun for 3 days before it went back for that. But I've had two Wildcats one went back three times for leaks one went back four times for leaks I also had an impact mk2 that went back twice for leaks but I went ahead and bought another impact because it's just so much damn fun to shoot! BTW
I've only had leaking problems with the Bullpup type guns,

2 As far as paying for it my point is I don't like being without the gun if it wasn't under warranty I would have no problem paying for it, it's the three four five six seven weeks without the gun that drives me crazy! I'd rather pay and bring it locally and get it done then send it out not be with it for a month and a half and have it done for free. BTW I've only had leaking problems with the Bullpup type guns, because I've had a crown a boss and a Royale 500 and none of those have ever been back for leaks!