Tuning M3 Carbon liner testing

I have a M3 600mm in .25 with a carbon fiber sleeve (not bonded to the liner). The rifle is VERY accurate with or without the sleeve. Accuracy difference with out without the sleeve is negligible, but I do feel that the POI is more consistent with the sleeve installed. The main reason I installed the sleeve is because I couldn't stand the factory o-rings that go on the liner. The carbon sleeve makes removing/installing the liner so much better. Perhaps bonding the sleeve to the liner would yield better results? I don't think so in my case. My backyard range is 75yds and at that distance the rifle can usually shoot 1 hole groups (if I'm doing my part), so I'm not sure how much room for improvement there is. Either way it was worth the $30 upgrade to no longer have to deal with the liner o-rings. 

I have mine on a .25 caliber, and bonded it. Was hoping the inconsistency in grouping would be improved. So far my testing hasn't shown that improvement, it behaves different now and I haven't found the consistency yet that I hoped it would. I'm actually thinking the harmonic tuner that's on the way from FX may actually be what this gun needs. I wish I had tested it without bonding it first as there is no going back after you go down that path. I watched Ernest's latest video and followed that advise. My perspective is now use the sleeve in lieu of the o rings and test it. If you see poi shifts, then bond it. If it shoots like you want without bonding it, you're done. I'm really starting to believe in the inherent accuracy my .30 caliber has and shooting that one more, just costs a lot more per shot and takes way more air.

I have a M3 600mm in .25 with a carbon fiber sleeve (not bonded to the liner). The rifle is VERY accurate with or without the sleeve. Accuracy difference with out without the sleeve is negligible, but I do feel that the POI is more consistent with the sleeve installed. The main reason I installed the sleeve is because I couldn't stand the factory o-rings that go on the liner. The carbon sleeve makes removing/installing the liner so much better. Perhaps bonding the sleeve to the liner would yield better results? I don't think so in my case. My backyard range is 75yds and at that distance the rifle can usually shoot 1 hole groups (if I'm doing my part), so I'm not sure how much room for improvement there is. Either way it was worth the $30 upgrade to no longer have to deal with the liner o-rings.

I have mine on a .25 caliber, and bonded it. Was hoping the inconsistency in grouping would be improved. So far my testing hasn't shown that improvement, it behaves different now and I haven't found the consistency yet that I hoped it would. I'm actually thinking the harmonic tuner that's on the way from FX may actually be what this gun needs. I wish I had tested it without bonding it first as there is no going back after you go down that path. I watched Ernest's latest video and followed that advise. My perspective is now use the sleeve in lieu of the o rings and test it. If you see poi shifts, then bond it. If it shoots like you want without bonding it, you're done. I'm really starting to believe in the inherent accuracy my .30 caliber has and shooting that one more, just costs a lot more per shot and takes way more air.

Valid points. 

Carbon sleeve may or may not make a huge difference depending on your tune and where you start from.

1. if your shoot pellets at 850fps then it’s mostly to replace the Orings and possibly a little better POI consistency.

2. If you shoot slugs at very high power then the sleeve will reduce harmonic nodes and help shrink the groups depending on the tune. For slugs it’s is imperative to have an efficient tune with reduced muzzle turbulence so it won’t solve all your slug accuracy problem, your tune is far more important!

3. the sleeve alone isn’t a magic bullet that fixes all your problems. Due to inherently more parts thanks to tenability and interchangeability of FX guns there are more things that could go wrong so think of it as just oring replacement so the expectations is set correctly and go through the gun and tune as you would without one. 

I also think it is absolutely worth the 35 dollars so I don’t struggle with the stupid orings anymore, it is really impossible to install them correctly consistently. I have gotten great accuracy with and without the carbon sleeves but just about all my barrel liners have the sleeves on them because it provides easy install and level of consistency not possible with stupid orings. This orings are by far the worst, weakest and most miserable part of FX airguns. BTW did I mention I F@*#ing HATE those sleeve orings? 🤣