FX M3 Caliber choice

Currently have a M3 in 25 Cal 600MM and 30 Cal 700MM. Love them both but struggle to find a practical purpose for the 30cal. Wanting to see what your favorite calibers are? Was thinking of turning the 600MM into a 25 cal pellet shooter and the 700MM into a 25 Cal slug gun. I mainly bought them to hunt but now also enjoy shooting them and plinking out at distance. Probably wouldn't hunt anything larger than rabbits and squirrels. Any feedback on calibers is welcome.

I have the same setup with MKII with 580cc bottle. I keep mine setup in .30 cal tuned to 90 FPE. I plink and hunt with it. It takes a lot to switch back and forth between calibers and I'd rather have two guns instead with each already setup and tuned to perfection. I have a DonnyFL Shogun on the end which makes the .30 cal just as quiet as my Marauders. I have woods as a backstop and also shoot into a rubber mulch bin for quiet shooting and to reclaim the lead as I cast my own ammo in .25, .30 and .357. for a endless supply. I like the .30 as I can reach out and dispatch squirrels on the ground at 85 yards under my deer feeder. The .25 cal just doesn't do as well in my experience. And, if a yote or a bobcat shows up I have something for them. I also like the .30 better for turkeys. In the backyard the .30 explodes old tangerines at 70yards. The .30 is just better and has more fun factor. I'll use my .22 or .25 Marauders if I need safer shooting around the backyard pecan trees.

Side-Wheel-04-1-26-21.jpg

For what you intend, the .22 is more than adequate for squirrels and rabbits. Since you already have a .25, just use that one and tune it to shoot 25.4 gr pellets at around 900 fps more or less. FWIW, I have a 30 cal MK2 and use it only to shoot 100 yd EBR with pellets. It's got a 700 mm superior barrel and pellets are the only thing it likes. Not going the slug route with this. Otherwise, I have no use for the 30, since I don't hunt. I do have an MK3 in .22 that I've set up for slug to shoot 100 yd EBR. It handles the wind better.