• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX M3 500mm .177 heavy liner.

I had good luck shooting 12.5 NSA and 10 + 13 gr JSB and Zan slugs in the regular liner, but going to heavier it is worse than the bad of the Heavy liner with those.
It is also the same rifling twist rate in the two .177 barrels, but the heavy do seem a little different.

960 FPS seem to be a good speed for us 700 mm barrel guys, i assume it would be the same out of a shorter barrel ,just you have less " runway " to get up to that speed.

Reactions: SprayNPray
I had good luck shooting 12.5 NSA and 10 + 13 gr JSB and Zan slugs in the regular liner, but going to heavier it is worse than the bad of the Heavy liner with those.
It is also the same rifling twist rate in the two .177 barrels, but the heavy do seem a little different.

960 FPS seem to be a good speed for us 700 mm barrel guys, i assume it would be the same out of a shorter barrel ,just you have less " runway " to get up to that speed.
Thanks for the benchmark. I have 10 and 13 jsb ko and 13 and 16 zan to try. I will consider this a big success if I like one of those.

Reactions: Scotay42
Beast always been good to me, well out to 50 M or so, and that's both the regular liner and the heavy one too.

For sure a pellet i would grab for is i had something bigger i could get close to that need to be toppled over, shooting 25 M i have sent many a beast thru a 4.5 mm hole in something without the hole changing form or getting larger.

I have yet to try the regular monsters, but i do have a single tin of those, just in 13.43 i tend to go for the monster redesigns.

The regular 10.3 gr heavy from JSB, also been good to me, 10.6 gr H&N pellets not so much, then again testing those was back in the 600 mm barrel days, and to be honest nothing but the beasts worked at speed in that barrel.

I have a range of H&N pellets but i have not really given them a chance in my 700 mm barrels, been too busy with slugs, and heavier pellets i can change to with a slug tune and still shoot good.
I do have to turn some knobs when i drop down to 10.xx grain pellets or slugs, or its way too fast.

As i recall in the upper 800 s, 880 or so, coming from 13 gr slugs @ 960 FPS and changing to 13 gr pellets do not work, have to back off a little.
I use the dual port on my rifle, and the one i have do not like pellets, its like they some times hang up on something, especially if i also use the pin probe.

So these days i dont shoot pellets much in my Maverick for that reason

My Crown MKII with a .177 cal 600 mm standard STX barrel, Huma dual T/P and standard probe shoots JSP 13.4 KO at up to 1020 fps. I backed it down to 985. I've been getting some nice groups at 100 yards. I want to experiment with varying velocity to find the sweet spot.

FX Crown MKII .177 at 100 yd.jpg

My Crown MKII with a .177 cal 600 mm standard STX barrel, Huma dual T/P and standard probe shoots JSP 13.4 KO at up to 1020 fps. I backed it down to 985. I've been getting some nice groups at 100 yards. I want to experiment with varying velocity to find the sweet spot.

View attachment 446973
It is interesting that people seem to have much better results in the 600 standard while the 500 seems hopeless in my experience at least.

• Wow
Reactions: jps2486