FX M3 @ 350yds

Since i have been labelled an "FX hater" by some here for my at time negative comments on the M3 ...thought id post this ..

I shoot regularly in the evenings just before sunset to relax from a days work............plus the evenings usually produce excellent conditions for the Airgun ...ie no wind.

Just recently i machined up a new receiver block to intergrade with my 100% bonded ( Solid ) barrel assembly......it has helped tremendously in the POI issue i hate so much that the M3 suffers from.

So...... yeah i will openly criticise the M3...... but if i was a true "FX Hater" , i am sure i wouldn't shoot it as much and put so much into it !!

This evening...

350yds
56 shots fired ( max for my tune)
28.5gr NSA .218" @ 1030fps

350yds-10-4-2024-M3.jpg

350yds-10-4-2024.jpg

350yds-10-4-2024-plate.jpg

What a beautiful place to shoot! Btw what was the size of the gong? Must be hard to shoot that range unless there’s not much wind.
That's my Airgun range setup out in the side paddock...have plates setup from 100 to 500yds.. :)
Gong is approx. 8" dia.
Wind ..........yeah it has to be basically non existent !!

Awesome place to shoot ! Thanks for sharing !

I am a big fan of NSA, I have been shooting .25 for a long time.
I started shooting .25 H&N 40gr Heavy I think they are more accurate and definitely expand more at 150 yards and beyond.

I have just recently started shooting .22 caliber. I tried the H&N .218 34gr Heavy and they are Awesome.

I haven't had a chance to shoot them at 200 yards yet but I'm guessing they will stay accurate.

I understand that FX Impact is a well thought modular design. Top engineering by Frederick.

Like all complicated machines with more parts, non technical users face more issues than they face in simpler designed guns.

I also prefer making solid barrels using FX liners for the Impact. This is because I get better accuracy this way.

There are also other modifications that I do to my Impact and share with FX and here on forums as well as on my YouTube channel.

Now my Impact has become a very good extremely tunable gun.

Almost unlimited combinations of regulators, macro wheel, micro wheel and valve adjuster allows to tune the gun in as much detail as one can desire.

If it had come out of the box with a few improvements that many tuners often do later , it would have been very useful for non technical users as well.

Any way a well thought gun.

One of the best things of FX is that they listen to the users and continue making improvements in their guns.

Thus FX became the largest player in PCP industry as per my knowledge (I may be wrong).

This is a bit similar marketing strategy that Japan had adopted in 1970s when most US based car manufacturing companies were in love affair of their products.

Regards,

Bhaur

That's my Airgun range setup out in the side paddock...have plates setup from 100 to 500yds.. :)
Gong is approx. 8" dia.
Wind ..........yeah it has to be basically non existent !!
Wow nice shoot!
I have my hands full with a 75 yard range and an HW30. So I have enough knowledge to know what you're accomplishing. 👍

Reactions: 860FPS
Wow nice shoot!
I have my hands full with a 75 yard range and an HW30. So I have enough knowledge to know what you're accomplishing. 👍
Ahh the hw30, I gush about this rifle all the time😍 mine has a Hawke Airmax 2-7 and i shoot those generic resettable 6plate spinners at 50yrds, at that distance it has just enough power left to flip the targets over:) I have a tbt-kit installed and I’ve been shooting it for 4 years weekly now. Even with an impact next to it I keep coming back to that awesome little shooter:)

Reactions: .20calguy
Ahh the hw30, I gush about this rifle all the time😍 mine has a Hawke Airmax 2-7 and i shoot those generic resettable 6plate spinners at 50yrds, at that distance it has just enough power left to flip the targets over:) I have a tbt-kit installed and I’ve been shooting it for 4 years weekly now. Even with an impact next to it I keep coming back to that awesome little shooter:)
One of HWs finest! 👍

Mine is zeroed for 30 yards.I use the bottom of reticle, at the last mil dot, to aim at 75 yards, with scope set at a little past 4x.
It makes one appreciate scope cant, when you look up at the x. It takes me about thirty attemts to clear my Crazy Eights target. A perfect score would be nine shots.
20231021_073718.jpg

Well......My M3 Impact must of got wind i was "Considering" a Panthera for a trial.

Shot this 28 shot group at 100yds this arvo using my preferred NSA 27.5gr .218" @ 1060fps... Was actually hard as after the first dozen shots as my aiming point was obliterated!! :LOL:

The M3 has been a frustrating journey, but all the time and mods and these results have made it worthwhile.. :)

100yds-28-Shots-NSA-27.5.jpg