FX M3 .177 heavy slug tuning

This is what I am afraid of…that the problem with my 20 grain slug is not the setup of the rifle but the rifle itself…honestly it is hard for me to fathom that my rifle is just too easy to setup with ample headroom for velocity tuning using 15 grain slug but became impossible to velocity tune with 20 grain slug, while at the same time I am reading people on the net tuning 20-30 grain in bigger caliber with no problem at all on bone stock M3. I have heard many posts claiming that FX M3 is just not made to perform with .177 which my dealer insists only applies to the first and second iterations of the M3…. I have Huma Air hammer tuning set and huma air spring set on order, if these mods still couldn’t produce good result I think I will just avoid the black hole altogether and just upgrade to .22 setup for the M3…15 grain slug just doesn’t produce satisfactory hit for me, too lightweight…

TBH i have always felt with FX that .177 is just a afterthought, and are just a .22 with some smaller parts thrown in there.
And i am still convinced my Maverick was a SUB 12 rifle hastely converted to FAC, CUZ delivery of them back in the day was also delayed and even the air tank ( should be 480 CC carbon fiber ) well the rifle came with the ALU tank but i later got the CF tank, so actually a win on that account in that i now have a spare airtank.

I would give my left nut to me able to upgrade to .22, but my benevolent rulers have decided that this subject can not be trusted with such massive powers, where as i have to trust them with just about everything.
And it have at least been proved several times that they can NOT handle that, where as i have never failed or been naughty with a firearm.

It is possible to shoot the 20 gn Zan in .177 with good results 👍🎯😉

In the slug barrel, that I am testing, they shoot very well and accurate at 952 FPS - 40.3 FPE 👍🙂🎯 So it is possible ! I see Peter, the Viking Airgunner, has also switched to a LW polygon barrel 😉👍

11280956-0CF1-4499-A7EC-576927C5B411.jpeg

Maybe FX won't offer a different liner, but maybe the Halo ammo will come in heavy configurations that will work well with their current liners.
I distinctly remember a post saying that they were making dedicated .30 cal liners for the halos but this was sometime last year so I don't remember which post it was.