• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Lube Benjamin Marauder magazine?

So, I’ve noticed with my Armada (which is the exact same breach and bolt as the Marauder) I have to pull the bolt back an additional 3mm or so to it’s fully rearward position then reach around (hehe) and pull the mag out while still keeping pressure on the bolt rearward. Once the mag is out I release the bolt and it moves forward those 3mm or so and I have to repeat to insert a fresh mag.

My Marauder on the other hand needs none of this and as long as the bolt is rearward the mag will release. I’m leaning towards one of the aftermarket parts in either and an adjustment causing it to be one way or the other.

If that’s not it, then I’d like to formally welcome you to the world of re-engineering and reviewing QA requirements for Benjamin/Crosman magazines. I have never oiled mine because I know I drop them and they would gunk up with dirt and sand quick. I have 7 magazines and I have had to do the same set of adjustments and modifications to each so that they would index correctly and reliably, guide the bolt through easily, and insert/release easily.

I disassemble each mag (watch a YouTube video on how to do this) then clean and inspect parts. Then I use a nylon polishing wheel with thick stiff spokes in a Dremel and go to work. First I file off the plastic burr from the molding on the outside for appearance and comfort reasons and polish it up. Then I run the polishing wheel into the hole on the clear plastic where the bolt goes through and change it from a 90° angle on the edges of the oval to more of a octagon so that if pushing the bolt forward it never meets a flat surface, it’s always being driven in towards the hole and pellet. Then I do the same thing, but less aggressively, to the outer edges of the clear plastic. Then check the hole the spring is in and rotate it two more holes so that when you are rotating the clear plastic to reload the mag from empty it will be under much much higher tension. Then put the middle piece in and rotate it around, do it 18 more times until the spring doesn’t explode under tension and lose its position, and when you’ve nailed that part and it’s in your hand ready to fly into outer space you’ll need to slide and lift and slide the clear plastic cover back over the top so that the gold stops are in their detent space ditches and then while holding all of that together still under tension of your fingers you need to thread the Allen screw back in enough so that nothing has enough space to rocket away.. then start 1/4 turns on the Allen until it’s under good tension holding the cover on and where you need to press a bit to make it lift over the detents to start reloading it.. and that’s it! You’ll have a magazine that’s reliable and can now say it’s basically made in the U.S.A. like the rifle.

Reactions: SHOMER
This is maybe a little off target, a few of my Hatsan magazines didn't index correctly and didn't want to lube with a liquid (oil/silicone/grease) I used dry powder graphite to dust the disassembled internals after thoroughly cleaning with rubbing alcohol. then blew off the excess graphite and reassembled and double checked tension in the screw holding the magazine together. Has functioned flawless since.

This is maybe a little off target, a few of my Hatsan magazines didn't index correctly and didn't want to lube with a liquid (oil/silicone/grease) I used dry powder graphite to dust the disassembled internals after thoroughly cleaning with rubbing alcohol. then blew off the excess graphite and reassembled and double checked tension in the screw holding the magazine together. Has functioned flawless since.

This is a good idea. I’ll have to add it to my notes on my steps to fix.