• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

LP50 grip change problem

Jbzeus

Apr 22, 2021
I have a LP50 compact I use for air pistol silhouette. It has the standard grip that is not the best for two handed taco hold.

I recently acquired a universal type grip. The rod that holds the grip to the frame needs to be changed to a shorter rod. There is a pin that the rod pivots on. Looks like it should push out but it won’t budge. I see set screws but they don’t seem to have anything to do with the pin. Any idea how the pin should come out???

Here is the schematic. Trying to remove #88 to change #71. Scared to try to drive the pin out.

Jeff

Are you talking about the grip frame that resembles the, Government .45 grip, the "grip locking rod" (#71) needs a shorter ?

My guess, the pin is a left to right removal, most are. I'd also assume that it will take a proper straight pin, drift and a small hammer to remove it. Put the receiver on a roll of tape, or plastic block with holes drilled in it for the pin to move into.

You say that it won't budge ! What do you mean ? Just pushing by hand, with a drift and hammer, light blows, heavy blows...?

I also have an LP50 that I've thought about putting the .45 grip on. Does the grip come with the shorter, Grip Locking Rod, that's required ?

Mike

Reactions: maxtrouble