• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Lowest fps in a .25?

Yes, if the target is not super fast. You should have very quiet and very consistent results. The valve should be closed before the projo leaves the barrel.. that makes for better air usage and much quiet. You biggest issue will be the mechanical offset between barrel and sight system at such short range. Open sights will do better than a scope, due to being closer to the centerline of the bore. A red dot or holo scope will still have a large offset. Shoot some paper and check your results carefully.

What are you shooting? Rats? Bird? Squirrels? At sub 20 yards I would suggest look into a cheap 177 with a micro red dot or 4x scope depending on how small your targets are.

Mongoose in the day time, trying to entice rats to come into my back yard with bait at night. So far no rats.

ah those are tough critters I heard, might need to stick with the .25. I had jsb hades as low as 520fps, just how my tune turned out and it’s a wrecking ball for the squirrels even when I didn’t have the best shot. Very accurate from my BSA ultra se, pellets on pellet to 35 yards but just need to know the drop since it’s quite the lob. Good luck with the hunt, from personal experience low 500 FPS speed is not an issue with JSB pellets I tried.

Highly recommend trying hades, does way more damage than regular doomed pellets even if the pellet itself doesn’t exhibit a tons of expansion, absolutely devastating damage and ensure little chance of running off.

edit: the low speed .25 pellet combo worked so well I haven’t seen a squirrel in 5 months! Target shooting with it is a bit expensive and boring.