N/A Low powered guns

I currently have a at44 177 tuned to shoot the 10.03gr at 930fps which I consider to be on the low side for me cause ai'm usually shooting heavy ammo fast just as @PasadenaMike mentioned lol. And the rifle is rather quiet, it does have the smallest ping from the airtube but aside from that the slugs hitting are a little louder, not by much though.

I love mild mannered guns.
Sure my car says it’ll go 100, but should you?

Yes, Mike, I believe I should — and I do.... 😆
No kidding.
It's totally OK if you choose not to. 👍🏼

➧ There are many ways to get a car from point A to point B —
➧ just like there are many ways to get a projectile from the gun to the target. 😊

I just happen to have a personal preference for adrenaline.
So, flooring the accelerator is a standard mode of operation when I drive a car.
And when I shoot a gun — well, I'm still working on the tuning thing, got to learn a lot still, but this is what I've come up with so far:

● I got the 16"-short PP700 pistol up to 16FPE (667fps with 15.89gr). With a Sumo on the neighbors know nothing.

● The 26"-short RTI Prophet II Compact .25cal moves the Heavies and the ATP slugs at 59FPE.

■ Now, before you shoot me, or rifle-butt me, I freely admit 👋🏻:
I'm too new to airgunning to get off the high power train just yet. — Ask me in 5 or 10 years.... and I might sound like the rest of the posters on this thread.

■ Also, being 100% German, you folks have Americanized me much too effectively as to not believe in one of the most beautiful lies taught by American culture: "Bigger is Better!" 😆

Matthias

PS:
Yes, why, it's true, I actually have been looking at 9mm airguns lately. What gave me away? 🤔

Reactions: Dairyboy
Yes, Mike, I believe I should — and I do.... 😆
No kidding.
It's totally OK if you choose not to. 👍🏼

➧ There are many ways to get a car from point A to point B —
➧ just like there are many ways to get a projectile from the gun to the target. 😊

I just happen to have a personal preference for adrenaline.
So, flooring the accelerator is a standard mode of operation when I drive a car.
And when I shoot a gun — well, I'm still working on the tuning thing, got to learn a lot still, but this is what I've come up with so far:

● I got the 16"-short PP700 pistol up to 16FPE (667fps with 15.89gr). With a Sumo on the neighbors know nothing.

● The 26"-short RTI Prophet II Compact .25cal moves the Heavies and the ATP slugs at 59FPE.

■ Now, before you shoot me, or rifle-butt me, I freely admit 👋🏻:
I'm too new to airgunning to get off the high power train just yet. — Ask me in 5 or 10 years.... and I might sound like the rest of the posters on this thread.

■ Also, being 100% German, you folks have Americanized me much too effectively as to not believe in one of the most beautiful lies taught by American culture: "Bigger is Better!" 😆

Matthias

PS:
Yes, why, it's true, I actually have been looking at 9mm airguns lately. What gave me away? 🤔
You had me at 9mm . Which beast?

You had me at 9mm. Which beast?

Well, I'm not that far down that particular rabbit hole as to have narrowed it down to a brand or model.

Compact bullpup, synthetic stock, no POI-shifting barrel, no single shot.

I think I might be waiting for manufacturers to come out with more guns in that caliber before my fingers will let go of the shrub growing at the edge of the rabbit hole.

🔶 I also want to thank the many posters in this thread who have mentioned that the slow shooting guns allow you to see the trajectory of the pellet.
Since I like to scope-cam my shots — that particular feature of low powered guns makes me wonder if I should downtune the .25 to 27FPE for a 700fps flight of the JSB Heavies.

➔ Ooops, I just looked at the RTI power chart: The lowest regulator setting is 80bars, and that already produces 40FPE.... 😆

Matthias

Matthias
Wait until you get a bit older and get haemorrhoids, let’s see if you still believe this😬

Bb

I agree. I have a couple rifles turned up, just for kicks, but my favorites are tuned down to comfortable, air economizing levels. I have an HW100.22 tuned to 12fpe, a Crosman Challenger at 6fpe and a Notos. The see far more use than high speed rifles.
Yes! After years of tasting different pcp’s and powers and distances, my final goal is a hw100 .177 at 12fpe! The classical form and the undebatable superior quality of the hw100 paired with the quiet and enjoyable shotcycle👌🏻 I’ve recently tuned my .22 impact compact for jsb rs😂 it’s so quiet and economic on air

Dairyboy, you're spot on.

It's not a PCP of course, but I have a wonderful little Beeman R7 that the previous owner tuned. It shoots a 7.33g pellet at around 700fps. Occasionally--on a good day--once in a while--I can shoot 1/2" groups at 40 yards--and I'm not a particularly good shot.

View attachment 452758
I always show love for the little r7/hw30! It was my first airrifle 5 yrs ago and now that I’ve experienced hw110 and fx impact level rifles, I keep coming back to my hw30s. There’s nothing more rewarding than connecting a tiny 7.33gr pellet with a spinner at 50yrds through a low power scope, I can go for hours😂