"Low end" FX Impact M3

I understand that if someone calls FX Impact to be a cheep gun, its because one is comparing the built quality of Impact with that of RAW or Thomas etc.

Some companies are well-known in making bullet proof guns and with very few O rings, they become very reliable.

But the Impact is off course not that much bullet proof gun but it's a master piece of technology.

The external and easy adjustments that Impact offers, makes it extremely easy to tune for a variety of calibers and variety of pellet weights.

Trigger is not as good as RAW or other match grade guns.

FX has developed their own way of making in-house barrels.

The barrel system of Impact is also one of the reasons people take it as a cheep gun.

To me its a delicate gun with advanced technology and features.

Bhaur
Thanks for the info. The barrel system was the biggest selling point for me. I love the adaptability of being able to change calibers and barrel lengths so easily and at a relatively cheap price. Although it seams thin, (tho my experience is mostly with firearms) it seems well built.

I also really like the top bottom and side picatinny and M-Lok rails giving plenty of room to build for any hunting situation. I mainly hunt nuisance animals at night on a farm up in trees and going through tightly packed barns so I need essentially a night time CQB setup (no NV, just a mounted light and scope). I also do need a long range build for groundhogs and Tweety birds.

My stand on the impact is that it is a tuner gun. It is made to do certain things. If you don't like what it does it has the ability to be made into the gun you want it to be in many cases, that is if you have the ability. Not everyone has that ability. And that's where people start having issues.

Allen

My stand on the impact is that it is a tuner gun. It is made to do certain things. If you don't like what it does it has the ability to be made into the gun you want it to be in many cases, that is if you have the ability. Not everyone has that ability. And that's where people start having issues.

Allen
That makes sense. I know some people like to just pick their gun up and shoot it but I bought the M3 because I like to tinker with my guns. Still having a little trouble understanding the tuning on this but I already got the trigger set just how I like it, other than the cant, because I'm still waiting for my tiny allen wrench set to arrive

Many complain of FX being cheaply made because it’s light weight and the barrel is not a solid hunk of metal. FX also is too complex and will break down because it has too many parts.

Then many complain built like a tank guns are heavy even before putting a scope on. Then jealous of FX owners can tune their guns to shoot the latest greatest ammo without taking a gun apart and lose all the air.

Why can’t people just be happy with their own guns and not feel the need to piss on other people’s gun? Maybe just maybe they are not happy with their gun or not happy in general?
41FEDE8C-736A-41A2-946C-48A47BBB9A16.gif

Maybe we should have some sympathy and prayers for those poor tormented souls. 🤔

Last edited:
I wrote this post after I searched for problems with magazine alignment on the M3, and the thread I saw had one of the first comments saying the gun was a beginner gun or low end and cheaply built, blah blah blah.

Kind of seems like the guy might have been having a stroke while he was typing it because it was a little hard to understand. He must have deleted it after somebody mentioned him saying they had no clue what that guy was talking about because it is no longer there.

Prior to that, I had been seeing plenty of people trashing the impact and FX in general saying they're cheap (cheaply built) (which I knew was false judging from the impact X I had shot) or fragile or not worth the money or not as good as everyone says they are or some kind of a scam or too complicated blah blah blah.

I haven't really heard many firsthand tails of bad experiences other than sometimes getting a bad gun from the factory or a lot of people getting bad used guns. Now I'm realizing the bad used guns are because nobody wants to sell an impact if there's nothing wrong with it, because they know they're never going to get anything better, until they release the next model. Which begs the question, why are people so salty that they keep releasing upgrades and better products? Shouldn't that be praised by the community?

But, I digress. I never meant to come off as arrogant or sound like I had an attitude. I generally wanted to know if there was something that I should know about this "investment" I have made.

~keep it klassy~

A lot of the complaints i see about them are from people who dont understand they are a lot more complex than other guns, and replacing o-rings is fact of life. Add in the fact some people expect that particular gun to be an unbox, point, and shoot and are highly disappointedwhen they find out they have to work on it to get a great tune.... it all adds up.

Reactions: DesprateRado