"Low end" FX Impact M3

Why are people referring to the FX impact M3 as a "low end" "entry level" or "cheep" air rifle. At around three grand for a build I would hardly call that low end or cheap. They have some of the best technology around and shoot amazingly well.

Also, why so much flack about selling accessories that are expensive and not included with the stock rifle? Are these just complaints from people that don't understand manufacturing and marketing? Surely if they have ever owned or built an AR, they would not be complaining.

IMG_20220702_151326.jpg

Reactions: qball
Why are people referring to the FX impact M3 as a "low end" "entry level" or "cheep" air rifle. At around three grand for a build I would hardly call that low end or cheap. They have some of the best technology around and shoot amazingly well.

Also, why so much flack about selling accessories that are expensive and not included with the stock rifle? Are these just complaints from people that don't understand manufacturing and marketing? Surely if they have ever owned or built an AR, they would not be complaining.

View attachment 272815
I like to think of those people as jealous or poor. The same argument can be heard about a Honda verses a BMW. There are the types of people who are content in life and don't need to complain about the things they dislike. They tell you anything they can think of you discourage you, and feel the same way they do about something. Don't get sucked in. Sure they're expensive, and no they're not perfect. However they're much better than a plethora of airguns that I've tested, reviewed, own or sold.

I'm currently working on a FX video and I mention this very fact in the video. I talk about the haters of brands, they're everywhere, with every brand. Nothing new and exciting, just miserable people. It's not an "FX Review" video, but more of a thought piece on the unit that I received from Airgun Source.

I don’t recall ever seeing an FX Impact or any other FX model called low end. They have detractors and haters but they also have Fan Boys like any other air gun regardless of price range.
Forums are populated with opinionated people and forums are a place to voice qualified and unqualified opinions alike. I never take another person‘s opinion personally.

I like to think of those people as jealous or poor. The same argument can be heard about a Honda verses a BMW. There are the types of people who are content in life and don't need to complain about the things they dislike. They tell you anything they can think of you discourage you, and feel the same way they do about something. Don't get sucked in. Sure they're expensive, and no they're not perfect. However they're much better than a plethora of airguns that I've tested, reviewed, own or sold.

I'm currently working on a FX video and I mention this very fact in the video. I talk about the haters of brands, they're everywhere, with every brand. Nothing new and exciting, just miserable people. It's not an "FX Review" video, but more of a thought piece on the unit that I received from Airgun Source.
Thanks for the honest response. I look forward to your video, please post it (or any of your other videos you think I should watch) in this thread when you can and I'll give you a follow.

I don't know why people think I have an attitude, lol. It's an honest question. I researched for a month or more before I made my purchase and the M3 seemed to be the best option.

Although it is pretty pricy, maybe more than it should be, I really don't see a better option when it comes to accuracy, adaptability, quality and utility. My question of why the hate is a serious one, because I'm wondering if there's some disadvantage that I'm not aware of.

So far, the only things I don't really like is that the magazine is a little finicky to align, I can't remove the magazine when it's cocked, and I can't find a way to shoot a polymag pellet.

I also don't know why people are saying nobody's making these comments. Literally the first comment about the M3 I saw on this forum was saying (probably not verbatim) "congratulations you got yourself an expensive low-end gun". In my research looking into the tensioned slug barrels, on the official FX videos there's plenty of people complaining that they're not able to just buy the gun they want with the barrel and all the upgrades they want included in the base price at this time. To their credit, IDK why they include that useless moderator, I'd rather have a thread protector.

I understand that if someone calls FX Impact to be a cheep gun, its because one is comparing the built quality of Impact with that of RAW or Thomas etc.

Some companies are well-known in making bullet proof guns and with very few O rings, they become very reliable.

But the Impact is off course not that much bullet proof gun but it's a master piece of technology.

The external and easy adjustments that Impact offers, makes it extremely easy to tune for a variety of calibers and variety of pellet weights.

Trigger is not as good as RAW or other match grade guns.

FX has developed their own way of making in-house barrels.

The barrel system of Impact is also one of the reasons people take it as a cheep gun.

To me its a delicate gun with advanced technology and features.

Bhaur

I will put this in general terms, and not about FX because I have never owned an FX.

As obects, people, etc. start to move toward the top those around them change. Some become fans, some become dislikers. Some allow that like or dislike to color their opinion of other items in the group. They may even bash the competitor to make their own choice look better.

This happens in lots of communities, not just airguns.

A lot of people's opinions are incorrect, and they know it.
That is why they seek validation.
WHAT...?
Get a dictionary sir, read it..! Seems that if you are going to blast someone, that you'd be using the correct terms to do so !
An "opinion" is a PERSONAL thing ! See below !

Opinion = a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge

Mike

Of course, if you want a 30, you could buy an Evol. Then you have a rgun that doesn't need tinkering or gadgets!.

If I may.

This is in NO WAY a bash on Keymans statement, personality, or views.

With that said, I did have to tinker with my .30 Evol.

The second stage had a slight bit of sear creep before the release which I adjusted out to suit ME.
I found the rifle to be a little light, causing it to be jumpy on the bench and I had a hard time getting it set up so that I could shoot it consistently and repeatedly from MY preferred bench set up. I added a 1 inch steel bar to the inside of the buffer tube and hung a steel bar from the bottom rail with 1 inch rings to add weight.
The rifle is now much easier for me to shoot accurately, FROM THE BENCH. It is in no way something that you would want to carry around in the field!

I am unsure where the tinkering or gadget adding threshold lies, did I cross it?

Last edited:
WHAT...?
Get a dictionary sir, read it..! Seems that if you are going to blast someone, that you'd be using the correct terms to do so !
An "opinion" is a PERSONAL thing ! See below !

Opinion = a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge

Mike
Your point is taken sir, and my justification for that post is this-

A lot of OPINIONS put forth are voiced in such a way that they are meant to be taken as factual evidence

Whether through misinformation, ignorance or working an agenda, it does happen.

I was singling NO ONE out with that post, it was a generalization. I should have qualified it as such. I apologize for that omission.