Lovers of Traditional Airguns Warning

Joe over the years many of us have made a "fugly rifle". You can take a 3x6 rout out a channel for the action and cut out for the trigger area on the bottom of the board and you are good to go. You just screw a few metal straps across the action to hold it in the cut channel. It sits in a vise better than any other rifle. The one I made long ago was for a CZ 455 .22. and it was fun taking it too the range and hearing the comments. By the way how much do you want for that "crispy critter" stock's action? ;)

Oh yea for you just get a walnut board for your "fugly" rifle. For some reason doing that type rifle would just fit you. 

Edit: post #3 gives you an idea of what im talking about and as you can tell this type of stock would be just up your alley ;)
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7481401&highlight=fugly#post7481401

That burnt stock look is really appealing. I have a Pennsylvania 36 cal cap and ball original (Circa 1840's) that at some point was treated to a tiger stripe look by wrapping rope around the stock and burned in the manner you are describing. That rifle is still a shooter and is the most asked about rifle displayed prominently above the mantle of my fireplace. The lock mechanism is silver and the stock has several flush elongated brass diamond plates as well as a silver butt plate. This came from my grandfather's collection of antique rifles after he passed them on to me. 

Joe, I was thinking the last few frames in your video would have been of you chunking this stock in the garbage can. It's what I would have done. BUT if you are serious of resurrecting it somehow here's a couple ideas.

Some knife makers are doing handles out of wood and resin ( epoxy probably ) combos.

Here's one I see a lot of with a pine cone core imbedded in resin:

I 'think' you don't have to worry about moulding the plasticized pieces perfectly. Probably you would create moulds with tape or perhaps many layers of tape along the charred areas that would result in over sized replacements for the missing wood areas and then carve/grind them down to correct dimensions and then polish them to desired specs. To my mind you need to do something kinda wild and 'weird' and the suggestion above about painting the whole thing ( flames? tiger stripes? ) might work.

But why? Put the thing where it belongs. In the trash. %^)