• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Love my M3

Resized_20231206_153720.jpeg

Holds air pressure, regulators are fine is a .177 set for <12 fpe shoots five round groups in doors at 20 yards of 0.198" to 0.191" edge to edge.

20230725_084403.jpg

Does not hold air pressure, regulator drifts nearly 50 psi each shot, is a .177 set for <12 fpe and has never produced a 5 round group indoors at 20 yards of less than 0.23" E to E.

20240315_154646.jpg

My only .177 <12 fpe rifle that is more consistent fps per shot than my Impact.

I zeroed both the Impact and the Thomas in November 2023 indoors at 20 yards and have not thrown clicks since. Both have held their POI for more than 35 twenty-five shot cards each.

Last edited:
I think if there truly was an impact U there should be an entrance exam, in order to even be able to attend. No pass no class, doesn’t matter how much money you got:

Entry Questions, must be correct with all five, and no retakes-
1. 250 bar max fill laser etched on the gun gets over ruled by the bottle that says max capacity is a 300 bar fill: T or F
2. In order to increase both shot count and velocity/power, one must raise reg 2 on an M3: T or F
3. When reassembly of the gun is involved, it is best practice to fully pressurize the gun first to check for leaks before sliding and locking down the barrel assembly in place: T or F
4. A sudden drop in velocity always means your regulator is at fault: T or F
5. Spell the name of the gun manufacturer

Reactions: SprayNPray
I think if there truly was an impact U there should be an entrance exam, in order to even be able to attend. No pass no class, doesn’t matter how much money you got:

1. 250 bar max fill laser etched on the gun gets over ruled by the bottle that says max capacity is a 300 bar fill: T or F
2. In order to increase both shot count and velocity/power, one must raise reg 2 on an M3: T or F
3. When reassembly of the gun is involved, it is best practice to fully pressurize the gun first to check for leaks before sliding and locking down the barrel assembly in place: T or F
lol

Well I finally had a chance to retune after I removed the first reg,(it was sitting for this long and is shooting the same as I left it about 880fps). I tuned up to 912 fps using the micro wheel and would not go any higher. Then I started turning the big wheel down to 12, and then I turned the valve in, in total about 3/4 of a turn. It right around 864 fps. The micro wheel is 2.4 big wheel 12 and the valve is on the 4th line and the reg pressure is 120. FX M3 compact .25 caliber and launching a 25.39 grain pellet . I did not get a chance to sight in, I think I can get to that tomorrow. What is the ideal or best fps for the m3 compact? I’m thinking maybe lowering another 10 to 13 psi. Tomorrow I will sight in and see.

Well I finally had a chance to retune after I removed the first reg,(it was sitting for this long and is shooting the same as I left it about 880fps). I tuned up to 912 fps using the micro wheel and would not go any higher. Then I started turning the big wheel down to 12, and then I turned the valve in, in total about 3/4 of a turn. It right around 864 fps. The micro wheel is 2.4 big wheel 12 and the valve is on the 4th line and the reg pressure is 120. FX M3 compact .25 caliber and launching a 25.39 grain pellet . I did not get a chance to sight in, I think I can get to that tomorrow. What is the ideal or best fps for the m3 compact? I’m thinking maybe lowering another 10 to 13 psi. Tomorrow I will sight in and see.
I run them anywhere between 880 and 900. Great results anywhere in that range out of my maverick compact.

Reactions: aklonewolf

Question 1- Answer, the reason why 250 bar max is etched into and by the air gauge is because, the air gauge only goes to 250 bar. If you look on page 8 of your user manual it says, max overall pressure not to exceed 300 bar. The bottle says 300 bar. It is safe to fill your m3 to 300 bar, just change the gauge to a 300 bar gauge.