Love Hybrids vs squirrels

Squirrel at 45 yards with the 25 cal Hybrid.

IMG_3975.jpeg

Yeah, I'm a convert. They are devastating.
I used H&N slugs last year and they were accurate and effective, but they always passed through.
This year I splurged and got some hybrids for squirrel season. I was happy they were as accurate as the H&N slugs were.
Then I got my first recovered slug. It hit hard, expanded, and was just under the skin on the other side of the squirrel.
I think I might just buy a bag of 1500 from RMR and call it good on .25 cal ammo for a bit.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
I used H&N slugs last year and they were accurate and effective, but they always passed through.
This year I splurged and got some hybrids for squirrel season. I was happy they were as accurate as the H&N slugs were.
Then I got my first recovered slug. It hit hard, expanded, and was just under the skin on the other side of the squirrel.
I think I might just buy a bag of 1500 from RMR and call it good on .25 cal ammo for a bit.
I just ordered a bag of 1500 in .25 cal from RMR yesterday....

Reactions: AmosBurton
I smoked a squirrel at 40 yards with a vital shot at 45 fpe with a 25 hybrid. It didn't exit. They expand very well.

Polymags still when the POP sound category though.

Also, who is RMR?

I smoked a squirrel at 40 yards with a vital shot at 45 fpe with a 25 hybrid. It didn't exit. They expand very well.

Polymags still when the POP sound category though.

Also, who is RMR?

So I guess the Slap slugs are basically FX hybrids?

Reactions: AmosBurton
Yes. I've compared both side by side.....size, weight, flight..........if I took a handful of both and mixed them together I couldn't tell the difference.
Thank you! This is great to actually have confirmation. I've read they are the same but just treated it as speculation.
I was still willing to take the chance on them.
Now I know it's true and can order without worry.

Reactions: qball