Love at first sight: EdGun Lelya

Quite possibly my new favorite 22 cal

1571183435_10276625475da65b4b1250e9.08832060_97CBC7C2-CEAB-4477-B617-28A463C1F5D9.jpeg

Nice score! In regards to optics choices, a 1-6 or 1-8 would be ideal for the Lelya. I just wish they would be available with side focus down to 6 yards or 10 yards.

Yeah you don't really need it on 1x and the lower magnification for short range though. Just a nice and wide view with a daylight bright center red dot for aiming. These are more of fast acquisition red dots than they are full-on rifle scopes. 

One quick observation - these new EDMU gauges are on the level. They seem MUCH better than the previous generation! The button has good feedback now, and the display just looks cleaner. It seems more responsive in comparison to the old one, but I can't be certain about that.

In regards to the low power variable optics, I was referring to the parallax adjustment for the high side of the magnification power, not on 1x of course. Also, the new EDMU is improved. I just picked up a new Leshiy about a week and a half ago with the new EDMU. No more searching for the power button like the old one on my R5M which you had to press on the right side and below the display screen. With the new one, you just press below the display screen and you don't need to press hard compared to the old one. 

Ahh I see, it's a catch22 balancing exit pupal, etc. 

I have a Burris XTR2 1-8 FFP on one of my rifles. The most annoying thing about it is the lack of parallax control and weird focus on the different magnifications at certain distances. In other words there are huge optical compromises in these type of scopes because there is no adjustment to dial out parallax or to focus at whatever distance.

Ahh I see, it's a catch22 balancing exit pupal, etc. 

I have a Burris XTR2 1-8 FFP on one of my rifles. The most annoying thing about it is the lack of parallax control and weird focus on the different magnifications at certain distances. In other words there are huge optical compromises in these type of scopes because there is no adjustment to dial out parallax or to focus at whatever distance.

Yeah man, EXACTLY!!! My March 3-24 was a good example of compromises of an ultrashort "true 8x" scope. They pushed a lot of boundaries designing that thing. I loved it, don't get me wrong - but it was real tough for me to get a feel for. I might not have sold it, if I had it in a MIL reticle (they did sell them at one point, but MOA is what they had in stock before they closed the March business). I also bought a 4-32 NX8 (MIL-C), and even though the March's glass was clearer, I love the NX8 more. I think NF was also a little more conservative with the 4-32 than March with their 3-24's, at the cost of a little size and weight.

I pulled the trigger on a new ATACR 1-8 today. CSTactical gave me a decent deal and overnight shipping. It seems like the better LPVO, I'm pretty anxious to test it out.

Ed has a video on the new synthetic stocks for the R5M Long and Standard where his daughter weighs the laminate, walnut and synthetic stocks. I'll look for it later.

Man I would LOVE a synthetic stock for this Lelya!!! I'm already considering a 22 cal R5M, if they're available in synthetic - then that will surely be my 4th EdGun purchase lol

PS - When I had a chat with CST, I told them that I had numerous NF rings / mounts, but wanted something light with QD. They highly recommended that I look at the ScalarWorks LEAP. I took a look at their site, 5.62oz for their 34mm (5.48oz / 30mm) so I had to order one lol https://scalarworks.com/shop/optic-mounts/leap-scope-mount/?attribute_configuration=34mm+%281.57%22+height%29

Nice!
1f44d.svg

Right?! I had asked him on the phone what materials it was made from. He told me it was T7075, but the weight savings was due to how it was designed. I guess it's suppose to be very strong, he said they were demo'ing it with a 7-35 on some large caliber PB to show that it was built to withstand recoil and abuse. We'll see, I'm always skeptical of newer items with a far price tag like that, but it's looks pretty solid from the videos that I've seen.

P.S. - I just got around to tuning this little Lelya. My FX chrono was throwing some random numbers!!! SD's from 20-40fps, I was about to take this Huma out and reinstall the factory moderator - but then I rigged up my old EdGun chrono, and verified that I clearly had it tuned where I wanted it to be. ES is 1 with sorted 18gr Air Arms across 2 mags now for 930-931fps! EdGuns never surprise me with that level of consistency. Now, I just hope it shoots them as well or better than my Leshiy hehe🙃