Love at first sight: EdGun Lelya

1573218362_14494555625dc5683a189910.13208522_EBB3306D-948E-4FD2-A3EE-F21111E9C2FB.jpeg
This little beast is just incredible in every way! Mine is tuned shooting about 890 FPS, it’s the .22 and Brian explained that I could get more power with a different tune even. Never have I had a gun that I was consistently changing scopes and red dot and even a reflex sight just because they all are so fun on this little package! But by far my favorite scope to use is my March 2.5X-25X42, super light weight, short and oh so clear!! Wish I could afford a couple of them, but for now I’ll just change it back and forth between guns. Here’s where it sits now...bugbuster on Leyla?? March on HW44?? Makes perfect sense to me. 😁

I've been trying to decide whether to get a 22 cal Lelya or 30 cal Uragan.

LOL, I can imagine what's going through your mind! I've criticized the Uragan a bit, but honestly - that shot count and the a curacy results that I've been seeing are ridiculous!

Here's what I can offer up to you on that decision - if you're looking for a small, rugged, and accurate hunting bullpup, capable of at least ~39-40 shots to 150 meters (I consider mine a 165m rifle with these new 23gr NSAs, no question!) - then don't hesitate to go with the Lelya. It does shoot VERY nice off of a bench as well. I don't even need to use a rear bag rest on the bench, it is that ergonomic / comfortable / balanced.

@davelarson - that March is a great little featherweight hunting optic. I'm regretting not getting one of those (in FFP) instead of the 3-24x52 that I got (and sold after I got the 4-32 NX8).

BTW, if anyone is planning to put a Pic rail on the tube like the one from rrages.com, the Atlas BT47 PSR is perfect for it! The collapsed leg height is just right for level shooting, and I've already mastered shooting off of things like tree stumps with the legs extended. It's just perfect 👌 💯💥👍

1573261305_6998080595dc60ff9946e08.92593831_766E80E2-741E-45BA-8693-3A12C9E43D70.jpeg
IvanM, the HW44 is absolutely incredible. Best pistol I ever had. This gopher target is at 60 yards and you can drill it in the head every time off of bags. The scope is a huge part of it, it’s set at 25X and the crosshairs are very fine so you can get a perfect view. And the bags make it possible to do 60 yards with a pistol. MtnGhost, I don’t mean to distract from your post, and I have to agree with you about this amazing little gun (Leyla) It just snaps into position and is ready for the shot in a instant! Like nothing else I ever shot. Have you tried a reflex sight on yours? OMG, it’s almost like pointing your finger at something and smoking it! You can fast blast 10 shots at whatever from 20 yards to 40 yards with the reflex sight. Not good for tight group shooting, but for smoking starlings before they fly it’s perfect.

PS - this is how mine sits now as a hunting rig..

She is looking BEAUTIFUL! Love it.

Thanks! It's a keeper for sure, I may just consolidate most of my airguns down to the lelya, Leshiy, and my R5 long .30 cal (although I do think there is room for an R5M in there too). I want to do away with bench-only airguns, and I'm incredibly happy with the aforementioned 😎 

PS - I shot a few groups with it yesterday using the new 24.8gr NSAs. The fog was terrible for the entire day, so I didn't get to do proper testing and field tuning like I wanted to. In any case, I'm happy to report that they shot even more consistent than the 23gr at 102 meters. I was only pushing them around 830fps or so, but that speed is just fine for DOPEing my FC-DM reticle (up to 150m).