Love at first sight: EdGun Lelya

it will out shoot you leshiy , mine is awesome ,in 25 cal , one of my most accurate offhand pcp guns , compact light , and I am getting like 5 clips on a full fill at my tune , and accuracy is amazing , mine also shoots slugs very well for a low power gun LOU

Wow 5 mags is damn good. What velocity and ammo for that tune? 

I'm keeping this Huma power reg in here for the long haul. Slugs are on the menu soon (22 cal). I don't mind sacrificing shot count in exchange for higher BC and longer reach. I'll try some lighter ammo first and see what happens. I don't see needing more than 24gr for this application, hopefully I can get away with using the factory barrel and not have to add a custom blank (spent too much time this last month with my TJ .30 barrels, I need less lathe time and more trigger time).

RE: scopes - I got the ATACR 1-8 earlier this morning. Parallax does NOT seem to be an issue! I'll play around with it more later today, but I was even able to magnify objects as close as 10 meters away with zero blurriness.

Pretty stoked - this will be an awesome upgrade to my 1-6 for hunting 😎

1571418239_9262954265da9f07fb51917.95922190_5C90AAC0-A177-4053-AD56-4DF8ABBB28E9.jpeg

I give you props mtnGhost because that's a $2800 optic. I would have to save up some OT money next year to afford that. I've tried looking through a NF NX8 1-8X and even on 8x magnification, I was still able to see clearly at closer ranges. Another LPVO I was considering for the Lelya (When I get it) was the Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1-6x. I know it's not FFP but at 1x, you wouldn't really need it. I'm not sure about the parallax at 8x for closer ranges though and I wish they would come out with a 1-8x.

Finally got my mounting ring delivered today for the bipod attachment. Hit it a little on the bench grinder and got it to fit under the shroud with plenty of room to spare. Wrapped the tube with some adhesive-backed nylon, and it's on there nice and snug. I'm swapping the Pic rail out for a magnetic mount to run a Javelin bipod soon. Very happy with it.

@Peskadot671 - that Razor is well regarded for sure. I originally planned to run that NXS, but I wanted the bigger tube and ED glass to give me the best low-light performance for the dark mountain / forest conditions here in the PNW during hunting season. My eyesight can't work with certain scopes in these conditions very well. I think the extra 4oz with the ATACR will be worth it for me. You can get them new shipped from authorized dealers for less than MSRP btw. If you're in the market, don't let any haters steer you away from one - this is one bad ass optic.

1571457766_13860613025daa8ae67ec316.97616880_E65895D0-F941-43B3-8645-42D5C55C06EA.jpeg

@davidsng - enjoy your swfa. I'll keep my opinions to myself (they stink just as bad as everyone else's 💩)

Finally got my mounting ring delivered today for the bipod attachment. Hit it a little on the bench grinder and got it to fit under the shroud with plenty of room to spare. Wrapped the tube with some adhesive-backed nylon, and it's on there nice and snug. I'm swapping the Pic rail out for a magnetic mount to run a Javelin bipod soon. Very happy with it.

@Peskadot671 - that Razor is well regarded for sure. I originally planned to run that NXS, but I wanted the bigger tube and ED glass to give me the best low-light performance for the dark mountain / forest conditions here in the PNW during hunting season. My eyesight can't work with certain scopes in these conditions very well. I think the extra 4oz with the ATACR will be worth it for me. You can get them new shipped from authorized dealers for less than MSRP btw. If you're in the market, don't let any haters steer you away from one - this is one bad ass optic

it looks like a badass rig brah!

Quick update - I finally have a small PCP that can shoot JSB Monster RDs very well. Tuned for 840fps for 42 full power shots per fill (was shooting them faster, but shot count was not great).

This scope - I love it. The 8x feels like much more than 8. I thought the center circle might get in the way, but it doesn't and helps for calculated holdovers extremely well. The glass is perfect and I have no issues seeing in dim / dark conditions like I had with some 30mm scopes.

I am torn between the MATADOR AND THE LELYA...in .25 of course, soon i will be making my decision.

Yeah that's a tough one! The Lelya is the most compact (length-wise) bullpup on the market. Less bulk, which was a big requirement for my build purposes.

I don't think you can wrong with either, but the Lelya is my favorite PCP to shoot now. I can hit my 8" steel gong off hand with it almost 100% of the time at 135m with JSB RD Monsters, and 2/3 of the time at 165m with the new 23gr NSAs. 25 cal is also very accurate from the feedback I have heard from those that own it in that configuration.

If I had it to do all over again, I would not hesitate to buy it again 👍 Let us know what you decide!

I have an R5M in .22. It is my go to gun... with the Dedal on it, such a nice package. (The Lelya is basically the same gun, just shorter). Shoots beautifully and is a tack driver with pellets. It really likes the monsters and hades. I've been messing around with various HP slugs for longer range... have had very good results with the VK 22.5 gr, which after I cleaned the barrel put a 3/4 inch group at 50 yrds from bipod benched, and a 1.5 inch group at 82 yrds, running em at 840 fps. Thats good, but should be able to do better! Have yet to play with the NSA slugs. The magazine fed Edguns are picky with what they will reliably load. Hopefully we will see the big producers start making slugs soon. 

I have my eye set on a .25 Lelya to round out the Edgun herd, but just dropped some $$ on a .30 Uragan (Soon to post thoughts...)

@Pickzilla - you're going to get spoiled by the Uragan shot count 😂 but it sounds like you have a solid plan for a well-rounded arsenal!

Polish your barrel if you haven't already. Test it for a while, and then polish it again if leading is an issue. I did have to clean up my barrel crown a bit, so that would also be something to look at closely. The new NSAs are GREAT with these choked LW barrels though! I have had solid groups out to 165m with the 23's in my Lelya, and I'm even more anxious to test these 24.8(or .6?)'s that are supposed to be here today.

@mtnGhost - yer Lelya rig is badass! that NF glass is sooooo sweet. NF scopes are seriously awesome, worth every penny. I would love to see some scope cam footage of that bad boy. 

It always confused me why folks would buy a compact like the Lelya or Leshiy, only to throw some monstrous heavy scope on it... I find the 6x Dedal to really be a perfect match for any of these Edguns.. and it holds a zero perfectly when taken on or off. I dunno how I lived with a non lit reticle before. 

The Uragan just unleashed 84 ft lbs into the eye of a tree-rat at 48 yrds. Suffice it to say said tree-rat shouldn't have been munching on my pumpkins. It did a very messy craniotomy. The thing is damn surgical... built like an Edgun. Can't wait to get some slugs into this badboy for longer range lead slinging. 

Reactions: mtnGhost
@mtnGhost - yer Lelya rig is badass! that NF glass is sooooo sweet. NF scopes are seriously awesome, worth every penny. I would love to see some scope cam footage of that bad boy. 

It always confused me why folks would buy a compact like the Lelya or Leshiy, only to throw some monstrous heavy scope on it... I find the 6x Dedal to really be a perfect match for any of these Edguns.. and it holds a zero perfectly when taken on or off. I dunno how I lived with a non lit reticle before. 

The Uragan just unleashed 84 ft lbs into the eye of a tree-rat at 48 yrds. Suffice it to say said tree-rat shouldn't have been munching on my pumpkins. It did a very messy craniotomy. The thing is damn surgical... built like an Edgun. Can't wait to get some slugs into this badboy for longer range lead slinging.

Oh man, that had to have been a mess!!! LOL I have some personal gripes with the Uragan, but everytime I open my mouth about something like those - I wind up buying one 🙃

Totally agree with you on the big scopes too. Unless you're just testing out long range or doing BR, a massive scope kinda ruins it lol. I keep my Dedal in my Leshiy full time now, but I dedicated it to Hades mostly, but if I want to shoot 18gr - I just turn up the HST 4 clicks and it's perfect.

For this Lelya build, I needed a bit more magnification (and FOV) capabilities than the Dedal for hunting grouse / turkey / small game in low-light. The scope on that Scalarworks mount is 26oz and change in all .. I could have saved ~4oz with lesser optics, but it is balanced perfectly as is and I wouldn't change it for anything else. The only tricky part of this setup is this Pard NV007 that I got recently. I can get the adapter to mount to the eyepiece, but the eyepiece rotates on the ATACRs with magnification, which sucks for NV units that attach to them there 👎 Oh well, life is a series if tradeoffs!

@sonny - Right? Awesome piece of glass. If only we could get some NV working with it. I love my ATN, but it's a heavy pig, and with the IR850 pro it's as heavy as the gun. Not for prowling... more for off the pod. I love the Leshiy... if only the tube held more gas. Looking into a stacker tube from russia. 

@mtnGhost - Would be interested in your thoughts on the uragan .30. Own one? My overall opinion is very positive thus far, which will be in a new thread soon. My gripes are: its a bit big and could use downsizing; too long with a donnyFL but it absolutely needs one...without the mod it made my ears ring shooting out of a window, and I'm amazed my neighbors didn't call the po po. I gotta adjust the trigger... bit of creep 2nd stage. And its a bottle gun. BUT, Personally comparing the quality to an FX, I find it superior. I really don't see much need to tinker with the settings. It's pushing a 44 grain JSB at 930 fps and gets over 50 shots on the reg. Stupid power! I may decide to run some heavier slugs for long range lead hurling, in which case I'm going to have to tinker with it a bit. 

I was just adjusting the reg on my Leshiy and also have the Dedal on it , the light was getting low but its amazing how well you can still see through it in those conditions.

Yeah, the Dedal has a good size tube and clear glass! The little extra light, ED glass, and extra mag with the 1-8 is priceless to my eyes for trying to spot camouflaged grouse in the dark tree canopy's here in the PNW.

The Dedal is extremely well balanced for a fixed power scope though, and I love its parallax knob. I prefer the FC-DM reticle, but do wish the sub-tensions were illuminated instead if just the center circle (the Pard NV mitigates that in low-light anyway).

The only two things the two have in common are that they're both low power. Other than that, they're completely different animals that fill different voids.