Louisiana Nutria Bounty

@maxtrouble They’re common as hell down south. I know that they’re in the bayous around New Orleans and have been for decades. I hunt in northern Louisiana and haven’t seen them up in the areas I hunt out there. Just because I haven’t seen them doesn’t mean they aren’t there. They need to be around a lot of water. I don’t hunt around lakes or rivers. I’m around more creeks and ponds. I’ve seen plenty of beavers though.

You know you can eat those? So you get paid $6 and put 10 lb of meat in the freezer. Most people would be shocked at how good they are... Many years ago I brought one home for wifey to cook. They turned out pretty tasty but she still told me don't ever bring another one of those home again. She just couldn't stand how they look.

Reactions: N2 Shooter
You know you can eat those? So you get paid $6 and put 10 lb of meat in the freezer. Most people would be shocked at how good they are... Many years ago I brought one home for wifey to cook. They turned out pretty tasty but she still told me don't ever bring another one of those home again. She just couldn't stand how they look.
What do they taste like? If like pork, maybe they could be smoked like pulled pork?
If you ever smelled one, there is no way you could eat it :sick:
ThomasT
Have you ever been around pigs and smelled them? I doubt Nutria can be any worse! LOL!