Loudness

1582567069_4550932675e540e9d2cf7b4.17923746_9896EC2F-6D71-4EFD-8916-608FC3939D6E.jpeg
There is aalternative to this gray area, a sound reduction box.

While not as handy as the ldc option, it is not attached to your airgun, and you shoot through it.

It is not a still hunting tool, but on the other hand, it will not keep you awake worrying in the wee hours of the morning.

It works wonders with shrouded guns, ie Marauder and Bulldog. It is great for chrony testing indoors and bench testing, but will work in the back yard also, it is very effective.

I built mine quick and cheap from a 4x1.5x2’ heavy duty cardboard Christmas tree box. I cut a 3x5 inch hole in each end and cased it with sound reduction material made for laminate flooring and exercise floor padding.

It takes Sumatra carbine level “crack” down to a level that can be compared to hitting a leather couch wit a cane.

Regards,

Roachcreek

I was always wondering (from my engineering perspective) can the silenced/moderated gun be more accurate then just a bare barrel? I don't think so, but you can proof me wrong. The sound creates frequencies in the material, if you "silence" it down at the end of the tube that stress must exit somewhere and most likely on wrong place. The sound moderators are for convenience only but will not give to an accuracy any good.