• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate LOUD Daystate Revere

Is it normal on the Revere for this part of the barrel to be flat?

1000045964.jpg

I don't know about if it is normal now, but the older ones that used to use a mechanical advancement of the magazine had those flats. My Air Ranger (same basic action) has that flat. Maybe they never took that out of the machining of the barrels to keep them common for service? Don't know . . .

Also, just for clarity for others that would be an out of position transfer sleeve o-ring (as you pointed out), not a breech seal o-ring which should be on the bolt.

Reactions: Peskådot671
So before starting the tear down, I did the tissue test to confirm the air leak. Sure enough, it blew the tissue 2 ft up off the breech. The process was fairly simple, removed the action from the stock. then pulled the barrel band. I did not de-gas the gun for this procedure. Carefully removed the 2 flat head screws in the breech opening, then took out the 4 allen head fasteners from the top of the block, also pulled the 2-barrel retaining grub screws at that point. I separated the two halves and immediately noticed the brass TP bushing was leaning to the front. When I lifted the TP from its recess, the upper O-ring was completely out of its recess and was not, and appeared to have never been, properly positioned on the turned down nipple of the TP. My assumption that the O-ring failed was incorrect, it was intact with no damage I could find under an 8 power lens. I can only guess it was improperly assembled at the factory, who knows? Anyway, problem solved. Definitely shoots quiet, I will run a chrono string on it tomorrow to see where the velocity is.

Hello again guys & gals
My newly acquired Revere 177 is not passing the tissue test
I have 008 O-rings on the way in case it is a transfer port bushing issue.

But I have also unsuccessfully tried the 003 O-ring on the pellet probe.
I just cannot get the O-ring over the flare on the probe and into the groove.
I have mangled 2 already.
Help please!
What is the best method to get this probe O-ring installed?
Thanks
Edward

Drop the oring in a glass of warm water to soften it up. Is it tearing on the sharp edges of the oring groove or before the groove? If the groove has sharp edges, you can mount the probe up in an electric drill and use some emory cloth to soften the sharp edges so they don't cut a new oring while installing.
Thanks @Joedirt199
I'll try warmwater to help the O-ring soften a bit and expand.
No, the destruction of the O=rings has not been sharp edges
Just my technique and the forceps grabbed the O-ring with
Edward

Hello again guys & gals
My newly acquired Revere 177 is not passing the tissue test
I have 008 O-rings on the way in case it is a transfer port bushing issue.

But I have also unsuccessfully tried the 003 O-ring on the pellet probe.
I just cannot get the O-ring over the flare on the probe and into the groove.
I have mangled 2 already.
Help please!
What is the best method to get this probe O-ring installed?
Thanks
Edward

Use a couple pieces of dental floss or fishing line to act as handles to allow you to pull the o-ring down the probe.

Reactions: SilentSquirrel
I made a "tool" of sorts out a small piece of 1/4" thick wood, with a hole in it for the bolt probe. I then put the o-ring on the bolt probe and slide it towards the "ramp" area and retract the bolt to line up the wood in the breech slot. Then I can press the bolt forward to get the o-ring to seat.

I find it actually works best with two o-rings on the probe as I do this - only one will seat, but the additional o-ring helps to push and expand the lead one up the ramp. Be sure to use lube too.

Breech o-ring assembly aid.jpg

Reactions: SilentSquirrel
I made a "tool" of sorts out a small piece of 1/4" thick wood, with a hole in it for the bolt probe. I then put the o-ring on the bolt probe and slide it towards the "ramp" area and retract the bolt to line up the wood in the breech slot. Then I can press the bolt forward to get the o-ring to seat.

I find it actually works best with two o-rings on the probe as I do this - only one will seat, but the additional o-ring helps to push and expand the lead one up the ramp. Be sure to use lube too.

View attachment 441955
Sweet!

Task completed!
New probe O-Ring and barrel transfer port O-rings (barrel bushings as Daystate calls them) installed in the Revere 177
For the #003 probe O-rings I was having difficulty, with I tried the AlanMcD method of a hole in s block of wood.
It worked like a charm!
And it must be said that it is quite satisfying making a tool and have it work.
Even on as simple as a hole with a chamfer in a block of 1.2' plywood

Thans again to eachl of you that offered a way to do this
Special thanks to Alan MacD
Edward

Reactions: AlanMcD
So before starting the tear down, I did the tissue test to confirm the air leak. Sure enough, it blew the tissue 2 ft up off the breech. The process was fairly simple, removed the action from the stock. then pulled the barrel band. I did not de-gas the gun for this procedure. Carefully removed the 2 flat head screws in the breech opening, then took out the 4 allen head fasteners from the top of the block, also pulled the 2-barrel retaining grub screws at that point. I separated the two halves and immediately noticed the brass TP bushing was leaning to the front. When I lifted the TP from its recess, the upper O-ring was completely out of its recess and was not, and appeared to have never been, properly positioned on the turned down nipple of the TP. My assumption that the O-ring failed was incorrect, it was intact with no damage I could find under an 8 power lens. I can only guess it was improperly assembled at the factory, who knows? Anyway, problem solved. Definitely shoots quiet, I will run a chrono string on it tomorrow to see where the velocity is.
Hello there buddy,
I had similar issue with my newly bought revere .177 from aoa, only business one air tank,and then that ballon popping sound d rifle stared making,upon investigation I found out it was barrel end o ring of to that was sliding out!!!
After trying to reseat the tp o ring few times and then watching it slip out of the barrel breach after dry firing few shots!!
I ended up sending rever back to Aoa for inspection!!!
So what u r saying is large size o rings on tp is causing this failure???
And what solution u did to ur revere for this to o ring Failure???
0977559A-7294-4036-A524-F4A4888AEE94.jpeg

Hello there buddy,
I had similar issue with my newly bought revere .177 from aoa, only business one air tank,and then that ballon popping sound d rifle stared making,upon investigation I found out it was barrel end o ring of to that was sliding out!!!
After trying to reseat the tp o ring few times and then watching it slip out of the barrel breach after dry firing few shots!!
I ended up sending rever back to Aoa for inspection!!!
So what u r saying is large size o rings on tp is causing this failure???
And what solution u did to ur revere for this to o ring Failure???
View attachment 466423
When you mention a "barrel end" O ring, to which one are you referring? The TP and its O rings are under the barrel, and cannot be accessed or replaced without disassembling the top and bottom action parts. The breech seal O ring is on the pellet probe. Those are the only barrel related O rings of which I am aware. So, exactly what O ring are you referring to as the "barrel end" O ring?

Reactions: Faisal911
When you mention a "barrel end" O ring, to which one are you referring? The TP and its O rings are under the barrel, and cannot be accessed or replaced without disassembling the top and bottom action parts. The breech seal O ring is on the pellet probe. Those are the only barrel related O rings of which I am aware. So, exactly what O ring are you referring to as the "barrel end" O ring?
I meant the ones that sit under the barrel,
70AD2ADA-B20C-402D-85E5-C8C09D922081.jpeg