Lothar walther or alfa precision barrel for leshiy

There's at least 3 different barrel manufacturers for the Leshiy 2. LW and Alfa as has been mentioned. But there's also a Russian vendor on e-bay. The Russian barrels are so cheap I put in an order for a pair. Tracking says they are still in transit, but they were expected to be delivered by Jan 10th. I imagine Canadian customs treats things coming from Russia like they're suspicious so I imagine my parcel is sitting on a shelf in Canada customs, waiting for some bureaucrat's attention. edit: I know one other person who put in an order from the same vendor. He's been waiting one month more than I have. So if it's not Canada Customs causing trouble, perhaps this vendor is unreliable.

I have both some LW and Alfa barrels, but no two of the same type. So I can't do a head-to-head comparison.

You can find the widest selection of LW and Alfa barrels on the Spanish site. 

Oddly enough I felt like my 250mm .22 LW shot slugs better than pellets. 

My new 350mm .22 Alpha Precision barrel is shooting pellets really good so far. 8 on 8 @50y

IMG_20220117_090635665_processed 1.1642433777.jpg

-Michael

Reactions: peebrainz
I am going to recommend you get the .22 Alpha barrel. I have one in 250mm and one in 600mm. Both are super accurate barrels with pellets and slugs. They are good with JSB and Crossman pellets and with the 600mm I am shooting Apex Airgun Ammo 36gr boat tail in .219 - 0.5" @ 50 yards @ 900 fps. Also shoots the 25gr JSB RDW amazingly anywhere from 900 - 1000+ fps.

I had no idea there were other manufacturers for barrels outside of Edgun and some sketch russian ebay options. Has anyone done the DonnyFL adapter for FX barrels?
I have DonnyFL adapter for .22 and used it to put my 600mm superior stx barrel in my Leshiy 2. It works, but the adapter looks cheap (plastic). I replaced it with Huma-Air adapter (copper material) and felt much better.

If You order Edgunleshiyshop from Spain.... If I'm right all models comes with choked LW barrel but You could buy also Alpha barrels. Those start at .22--->

the first two in this chart are .177 and .20 they are LW's barrels only. The picture is from their techspecs page

I've ordered LW barrels from the Spain Edgun shop. The ones I received were all unchoked.

Reactions: ksoundar
Ok. My knowledge is based on that table. It says: yes choked 0.01 for LW
That table is from Spain Edgun shop webpage.
When I enquired from the Edgun Spain site they told me that table wasn't correct for the LW barrels they had in stock. It's unclear to me if they had a temporary unchoked stock, or if it was a permanent supply issue -- you'd think they'd correct the table if it was permanent.

What is a latest story with the mags?
I still use the 2021 L2 configuration and over 10K pellets, but never tried to stress a slug through the "original" red color pellet mags.
I was using the 3rd party Russian .22 barrels (x500) for several months back in time, but never got to try the .25 ( I have two lengths x350 and x500 just stting in my drawers).
Last year I mounted the FX liners and removing only for cleaning.

I don't understand this. That there are tables and diagrams which are not true. It is quite important to know if the barrel is choked or not.

I have one Alpha barrel but with the dimensions stated in the table regarding grooves etc.....
Need to check those measurements before doing anything else. In the table it says groove is 5.60mm and the current one (on webpage) in the table stated 5.61mm, the difference does not matter much but converted to inches 5.61mm is .220
There isn't available commercial slug on that diameter. So I need to cast myself. And make a magazine wider, probably