Lost my buddy

To some, pets are just animals. But to others they are much more than that, they are part of the family. Some will never get that, but to those of us that do, our hearts break when we have to say goodbye to our buddies as they drift off to sleep one last time. I have had many fur babies, cats and dogs, I have held as the drew their last breath and it never gets easier...and have cried like a baby. I choose to believe I will see them again one day, with other members of my family and am looking forward to it. Roy Rodgers once said if dogs don't go to heaven when they die, where do they go?

Reactions: Perle
So sorry for your loss. Believe me I feel your pain. We lost our Ridgeback to cancer some years back and then a cat this past summer. I was never a big pet person, as far as owning but wouldn’t prevent the rest of the family from getting one.
But they penetrated and dominated something in me as if they were human.
The day after we had the cat put to sleep I heard my wife crying in the basement so hard I thought I would have to call a doctor for a sedative. That cat loved corn on the cob.

Adorable !

We feel so empty …. Thank you all for posting. Each message acts like little bandaide …. My lady and myself can’t express how comforting all the messages are.

We feel alone but we are not alone …. Dogs rock and so do the members of this forum

Reactions: balver
News to share

We started looking for another rescue ……

To honor Merlin I can only pay it forward …. He’d want that

He ll always be my best boy……..

I truly appreciate all the feelings and thoughts that all of you conveyed to me. It helped in a way you all can’t imagine. We felt understood … in our dogs joys and in his pains and conversely ours .

Warmest regards

Al

Ps. You guys are cool af !!

Reactions: maxtrouble
I opened this thread in much grief.

Today there is hope for a new rescue …..

Gentleman meet Benny

image.jpg

We have a 4 yr. old Boston and they are wonderful and very loving. I lost my first one (Peanut) to cancer at 9 yrs and we got Carly about 3 months later. I preveously had Bloodhounds for many years. I can't imagine a life without a dog.

I can’t imagine it without my canine entity.

Big kiss for Carly from Benny in Florida !

He is so affectionate !

Last edited:
If anyone doubts dogs are man's best friend just lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car and see which one is glad to see you when you open it!!
Brother I use that one all the time. !!🤣 That really really does say it all. There level of love is amazing …. They make us better humans…… Of that have no doubts .❤️

If you have a canine family member give them a special hug and kiss today

On Valentine’s Day my best baby boy Merlin passes in our arms in our bed. Exhausted from a year long battle with heart failure.

They have no voice but they are our forever wingman.
Merlin went everywhere and was the most kindest and non malevolent souls I have ever met.

I hurt so deeply inside.
No joy in my toys for now

View attachment 332847

I don't mind
If you have a canine family member give them a special hug and kiss today

On Valentine’s Day my best baby boy Merlin passes in our arms in our bed. Exhausted from a year long battle with heart failure.

They have no voice but they are our forever wingman.
Merlin went everywhere and was the most kindest and non malevolent souls I have ever met.

I hurt so deeply inside.
No joy in my toys for now

View attachment 332847
Perle, I didn't mind telling you that tears are running down my cheeks as I try to type this. Our furry partners are God's best work. I can’t think of another animal that chooses a human over their own. Bless you for the love and caring you gave to Merlin. He had the right human to share his life. I'm not going to tell you'll get over it, because you won't. But in time you will remember Merlin's and your best times and less of the pain of his passing. Please consider a shelter dog when you are ready. You are the kind of person a dog deserves but so many never have the chance. I hope in time some dogo will have a chance to love you just as Merlin got to. I'll be thinking of you two.
Sincerely, Bill and Addi.

• Love
Reactions: Perle