Lost my buddy

Dogs are special, mine were with me during the best times and the worst times, and they never complained,just looked up and smiled at me...
Dogs are great, they touch our hearts,we never forget them.You can be sure no one will have had a better relationship with an animal.
I feel your pain, grieve then get another one.

• Love
Reactions: Perle and bf1956
The more we love them the more it hurts. From the day they come into our lives and bring us tears of joy we know the day will come they leave us in tears of sorrow. That pain is real and long lasting and there is no quick remedy to fill the loss we feel in our hearts. But there is a silver lining........you are now in a position to save a life where another has gone. Go to a shelter where another dog is badly in need of love and a home and bring him or her home with you so another life isn't needlessly lost. Bless you brother.

Last edited:
Reactions: bf1956 and Perle
If you have a canine family member give them a special hug and kiss today

On Valentine’s Day my best baby boy Merlin passes in our arms in our bed. Exhausted from a year long battle with heart failure.

They have no voice but they are our forever wingman.
Merlin went everywhere and was the most kindest and non malevolent souls I have ever met.

I hurt so deeply inside.
No joy in my toys for now

View attachment 332847
😪so sorry for your loss

So sorry for your loss. Believe me I feel your pain. We lost our Ridgeback to cancer some years back and then a cat this past summer. I was never a big pet person, as far as owning but wouldn’t prevent the rest of the family from getting one.
But they penetrated and dominated something in me as if they were human.
The day after we had the cat put to sleep I heard my wife crying in the basement so hard I thought I would have to call a doctor for a sedative. That cat loved corn on the cob.

• Love
EDIT : A day later.
I have to excuse my manners here. :oops:
My most sincere condolences.

I am glad all my friends with 4 legs are all loaners, i tend to get too emotional committed with things and so stand a big chance of getting let down.
Hence why i am a long time bachelor and just have 1 friend,,,,, and no dog of my own.
Even if dogs just love me. :)
Here are 2 of them, the brown Minito and the black Jackie, welcoming me at my friends place.

I remember when i was young and of dubious character ( 40 years ago ) a police K9 ran strait past me, to my buddy running 10 M in front of me, and got him in the arm.
I just said good luck as i passed by.

Last edited:
Reactions: Perle
Much love man, lost my 18 year old about a month ago. Here she is on her last night.

Nothing prepares you for it.

20230108_231818.jpg