• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Loss of FPS

So my hammer on the Wild cat got deformed like they all do sooner or later.I bought a new one from FX USA.The one I took out was pushing a 18 grain pellet at 865 FPS .Put the new hammer in and went from 130 bar up to 150 bar the best I could get was 750 FPS. WTF weighed both hammers and the new one is a lot lighter than the old one.Do you think that is the problem.where can I get a heavier hammer other than fxusa

Maybe they sent the wrong part? That sounds strange.

They sent the right part it’s under weight.the diagram shows hammer then weight then spring and locking nut . Mine goes hammer spring but no weight this is the hammer
1585092334_4943992105e7a96eeb6d8a8.42088554.jpeg

And your original hammer didn't use a weight? Looks identical (or very similar) to the hammer in the Royale 500 and Boss. The Royale 400 didnt come with a hammer weight that slides inside but the other two did. (.25/30 did, .22 didnt use hammer weight)

I don't think theres a heavier hammer. Either you had a hammer weight and you removed it and didn't put it back. Or it didnt have one because its .22 (a guess) and something else is not set the same as it was.

MK2 or the original Wildcat?

In the parts diagram of both versions MK1 and MK2 there’s a separate hammer and a separate hammer weight. I only see a hammer on your pic. Look really close in the pictorial diagrams and you will see. 

If you already knew all of what I said, please disregard. A couple of months ago I, too ordered same parts for my 30 cal and what I ordered was a spring, hammer, and hammer weight. 

Just a FYI, on the springs there is a * mark that you need to pay attention to, as there are different ratings for the 12 ft lb. folks.

Holy crap, looks like someone modded that thing and rendered that weight useless! I know that didn’t come from the factory that way...are you the original owner? If not, kinda sucks that that wasn’t disclosed at the time of purchase.

order the correct hammer weight, and put it in correctly. You may be surprised at the results you’ve been missing.

1585151289_1274232305e7b7d39b5f078.87489703.jpeg

Proper orientation, with the barrel being on the left side if shown 

Holy crap, looks like someone modded that thing and rendered that weight useless! I know that didn’t come from the factory that way...are you the original owner? If not, kinda sucks that that wasn’t disclosed at the time of purchase.

order the correct hammer weight, and put it in correctly. You may be surprised at the results you’ve been missing.

1585151289_1274232305e7b7d39b5f078.87489703.jpeg

Proper orientation, with the barrel being on the left side if shown

Bought it new from a dealer it came that way. I was getting up to 950 FPS before the hammer got deformed.With the new hammer can’t get past 750fps. Gonna order the right parts for it and hope there’s a difference.Thanks for your time Bigragu

You ought to order the hammer weight for both a 25 and a 30, and try them both out as I believe the weights are different. If you decide to keep the standard 25 weight send me a pm and I’ll buy that 30 weight from you.

That’s a plan.As it stands right know I took the whole rifle apart and cleaned and replaced all the Orings.Its to cloudy out for the crony so I shot it at my 50 yard target and the pellets buried them selfs pretty good into the 2x8 .Gonna crony when the sun comes out

Yote, it's getting late and I might have missed it, but I don't see where you said if your Wildcat is a Mark I or Mark II. Your original parts look like the ones on the Mark I Wildcat 22 cal. In the Master Class video on Youtube by Ernest Rowe, he is taking apart a 22 cal. Is that what yours is? Because the parts he takes out look just like yours do. Hope this helps, brother.

James

The very simple solution is you buy the two things in the photo below: a hammer weight (part no.19215) and a locking nut without spring guiding rod (part no.11541). The hammer weight has 2 models: 19215 for .177cal, and 17003 for .22 and above, but believe me, 19215 is good for all calibers, there's no need to get the 17003. Both the 2 parts is for dreamline, but I believe they work perfectly with wildcat as well.

The hammer weight has 2 functions, one is no need to say to add weight to the hammer so it striks the valve harder to get more airflow especially when the reg pressure is set relatively high, the other is giving more hammer spring tension preset due to the thick part of the hammer weight.

Sorry for my English, hope you can understand.

1585207723_8460473125e7c59ab611610.05581226.jpg

Yote, it's getting late and I might have missed it, but I don't see where you said if your Wildcat is a Mark I or Mark II. Your original parts look like the ones on the Mark I Wildcat 22 cal. In the Master Class video on Youtube by Ernest Rowe, he is taking apart a 22 cal. Is that what yours is? Because the parts he takes out look just like yours do. Hope this helps, brother.

James

Mark1

James

Mark1