• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Lop sided reticle

Yup, that one sounds like it's trash, what rifle did you use it on ( just curious as I've wondered about them on springers) ?
Did Aeon change their warranty? When Tammy purchased hers ( just a few months ago) the stated warranty was:
2 years against defect - sound like you have one.
And life time warranty that even covers abuse (dropping/other) at a 50%.

Please do keep us posted on the warranty.

John 

I had this same issue on a $1000 scope, if you can believe that! Obviously, I returned it. The issue was an imperfect ocular piece. When turning the ocular lens adjustment, the reticle would move from side to side. If I stopped in the right spot, the reticle would be centered properly. But, obviously, that was not a consolation I was willing to make on a scope in that price range.

Thank you for the replies. I bought the scope used from a yellow forum member, he did tell me he would return my money no foul there. Aeon wants $150 to repair any scope out of warranty. I couldn't tell you what gun it was used on before I bought it, I had it on an AR20FT used for Bench Rest competitions.I remember an episode of American Air Gunner where Tom Gaylord said to never buy a used scope, sounds like good advice.

I guess you don't know how old the scope was before purchasing? It's good to see the seller make it right for you. Budget scopes comes with budget warranty. Most Aeon scopes max out at $300 but if it only last 2 years before repairs, that's $450 that could be put forth better optics. I had a Hawke scope that was purchased brand new with a slightly canted reticle and they were able to replace it at no cost to me. It was a $500 scope. I had a Vortex scope that had illumination issues and they too replaced it. It was a $900 scope. Both companies offers a lifetime warranty but the difference is that Vortex has one of the best warranty in the business AND it's transferable. Hawke's warranty only applies to the original owner. That's something to consider when buying used scopes. It baffles me that some guys have $1-2K airguns but have $300-500 optics while aiming at pea size targets 50-100 yds out.