• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Western Airguns Loose pieces on rattler 357

Curious if anyone else here owns this rifle and has this issue. There are decorative pieces on the back with ovals cut into the metal, they fill in empty space on the gun. Mine are REALLY loose and wobble all over the place. I don't see any way to tighten them. When I first got it I was wondering if that's why they call it the rattler. :)
16996549627966592223839118019514.jpg

Apparently this generation is different in a way or 2 than the earlier gen rattler so idk if they move around on earlier guns or just this gen. Maybe they changed some stuff on the gun but used the same size decorative pieces so tolerances aren't identical, who knows. But for $3k would be nice to have a gun that doesn't make rattling noise when I move it.

• Haha
Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
You beat me to the punch line, lol.

I guess see if you can figure how they go on or come off, and either bend them, dare I say, to fit tighter, or shim them one way or another.

Maybe it's a feature. Or compliment to the namesake. :ROFLMAO:
I used a couple small pieces of a shotgun shell wad plastic as a shim. It is rock solid now lol, good idea!

• Love
Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas